Dubias im breeding for my beardie and leo =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocNoc187

I am breeding dubia. They are a way better alternative than even crickets because they have a higher meat to shell ratio 38% i believe to only 17% in crickets. they wont bite my beardie, wont die as easy and live longer and many more. It wont be big enough to ever make a website for the sale of them. Look at my page on youtube, im just starting but i should have a vid about dubias soon. search for bearded dragon shiela and its the 1st result should be mine. Docnoc187. Plus im going to start selling them when they start to take off in numbers =) not looking to make a lot of money, just cover the cost of food and heating =)

im ordering my dubia roaches this friday =) i have a craigslist about why they are the best feeder around. https://accounts.craigslist.org/post...13874721&db=lv If you are in the tucson area email me to buy them from me =)

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know for sure that they won't bite your beardie. Every time I clean my dubia bins, I end up with dubia crawling up my back and in my hair. One of them bit my neck! I'm sure he was just curious but it freaked me out. You're probably right though, they just hide in the bins and become very hard to find.

DocNoc187

Original Poster
I dont pretend to be an expert but ive heard the spikes on the legs of the adults can feel like a bite from them but supposadly they dont. Thats why I only plan on feeding the nymphs off =) i dont know what id do if my beardie got scratched on the inside of her mouth by the legs :(

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
The spikes on a cockroach are called Sensory Bristles and are it's means to find everything from food to water to a mate. On larger species of roach such as Dubia you can sometimes get what feels like a bite. However you are not getting bitten rather jabbed by one of it's bristles. I tend to get jabbed more w/ Hissers since they are enormous.

As for your Beardie, don't worry about them eating roaches. Lizards are rough, tough adapted animals. Especially the desert species. They'll pound a roach, sensory bristles and all w/o blinking an eye. If you are keeping a roach colony and are feeding Adult Dragons they should be taking care of all your excess males and large nymphs if you have them. Don't worry about a thing. They won't hurt your dragon. :D

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I personally did two limited time studies on whether or not dubias would chew on a reptile while sleeping.
Both times.. nothing. First test was 1 week or so, the second was over two weeks.
The second time, the roaches died from lack of food.
So, I feel fairly certain you can rest assured Dubias won't chew on your dragons or leos.
Hope this helps,
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom