Drastic Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieKat

Juvie Member
I've been having an Issue with Zuri for a couple weeks now, she just isn't herself. She hardley eats, yets doesn't lose weight, won't bask and hides all day. The change in her behavious was sudden. She stopped eating much, I fed superworms, pheonix worms and occasionaly hornworms. But now she hardly eats. I don't understand, her temps are at 95 last time I checked, I lowered them from 107 per someones advice, she still won't bask. I have a new ReptiSun 10 coming, she has been under one all her life, now I'm replacing it for the first time for the six month point. Any advice? She is 16 inches, 9 months old.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Have you checked her for parasites? When you say she hasn't eaten in a few weeks but has not lost weight, have you weighed her or are you judging that by looking at her? Is she digging at all in her viv, maybe a sign that she has infertile eggs?

I saw your post yesterday and I was trying to think of what it could be. Parasites and organisms that live in their intestines, etc can cause them to have lethargy and anorexia. It would be the first thing I would rule out.

Poor Zuri!

KatieKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm definatley going to. I'm so worried about her! I've been weighing her and she hasn't lost too much.. I just replaced the ReptiSun's yesterday and I was hoping that would help her perk up, nothing. :( She isn't digging and I don't feel anything in her belly.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
You're probably not going to feel infertile eggs in her - I mean, they are smaller than regular eggs and from what I have heard they are difficult to feel unless you're experienced. Most likely the answer will be in her poop. I would be worried, too. A drastic change means something's going on. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom