dragon with diarreah

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorn77

Any helpfull info would be great
I have a female bearded dragon about five months old she is about 13 inchs long not sure how much she weighs (never weighed her) She has always had regular bowl movements since i have had her about once a day. Yesterday when i came home there was a runny poo with greenish liquid around the poo, and again today. I have not changed her diet execept i have been giving her more superworms and less pheonix worms due to the shortage of the pheonix worms. She eats her veggies every day usally collard greens and some fuit. I called the vet and the next available time i can get her in is tuesday due to the holiday. I will be taking her in but what like some advice untill then. She is still eating and active only problem seems to be the runny stinky poo
Her cage set up is as follows
Substrate-tile
UVB-Zoo Med Reptisun Fluorescent tube Bulb 36in
Heating-basking 110-100 cool side 83
Thermo- probe style two zones
Feeding-Insects staple- Crickets,pheonix worms,superworms
Fedding-Insects treats-Hornworms,butterwoms,wax worms
Fedding-Veggies collard grees, aqurula,carrots, gapes, strawberrys, apple, (fruit every other day)

Thanks in advance

Gail

BD.org Addict
First thing I would do is remove the fruit from the diet. It can cause runny poo and all the sugar really isn't that good for a dragon. If that seems to fix the problem then you may want to limit fruit to once a week, if it doesn't make a difference then you need a fecal done to check for parasites.
Make sure she is getting plenty to drink until you figure out what is going on.

ahorn77

Original Poster
Thanks i will take fruits out of her diet untill i go see the vet on tuesday, i hope that is all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom