Dragon prefers greens over crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogles

Juvie Member
My dragon is about 7 months now, up until recently he has been eating his greens more and not his crickets, I put his greens in there, and crickets and he leaves the crickets and just eats the greens.

What should I do? Is this good or bad?

redflea13

As they get older they will eat less bugs and more greens. just keep offering them and when he wants he'll eat them.

maevonee

I have the same problem. My dragon used to go nuts for insects, Even my roaches that I have been breeding for 5 months now. I would just pull the box out and he would go nuts for them. Now Its probably been a week and a half since he last ate a couple superworms. But I put greens in and he tares them up.

Is this ok ? My dragon is 9 months old.

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
When Sunny was about a year, just before he went into brumation, he was eating far more veggies and fruit than he was eating superworms or crickets. After coming out of brumation, he is passing up all the greens for crickets. Maybe he needs the protein. But he will not eat his superworms at all. Only eating crickets. I think their likes and dislikes evolve too. Green peas used to be his favorite, now he won't touch them.

Fussy little stinker.

As long as your beardie is eating his veggies, greens, fruits, etc., like it was stated, they will eat less and less insects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom