Dragon Going Crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Neat Uro, pretty colours.

Glad to hear that your baby may be getting rid of those eggs soon, hope the hollow helps, as Sweetie was the same, always wanted to be covered up a bit. We used a cardboard made into a tent & that worked fine for her, too. Also put a basking lamp but as her laybox is in her tank, you don't have to worry about her being warm. Glad you got the calcium, you can give that to her daily for awhile, I'm now giving it to my whole crew instead of the powdered stuff, easier to handle & it doesn't expire as quickly as the powder either. And they're just as healthy.

So I'll keep my eye on your thread over the weekend, fingers crossed that she just gets them laid!

EmAndWillow

Original Poster
Still nothing guys, she's not eating but she's actually gaining weight! she will lick baby food and i'm still giving her liquid calcium, she's active and appears healthy! I'm trying to organise a vet visit for next week but i'm not sure what they are likely to tell me :/ the weather here is pretty cold at the moment so i'm dreading trying to keep her warm on the way to the vets, how can i keep her toasty and happy on the journey? its quite far away

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
When I take my girls on a trip to the vet, they go in small sterilite bins. I take a big sock and fill it with dry uncooked rice, then microwave it until the temp gun pointed at it reads 115 degrees, usually only takes 30 seconds or so. I actually sewed up the ends of my "rice socks" so I can use them again whenever I need to. I put the rice sock on one side of the bin, then cover it with a little soft towel & then I put another soft towel loosely over the first one in case they want to burrow in between. I live in TX though, so the socks have no problem maintaining that heat for a couple of hours. I've heard of other people using the same method, but with hand-warmers (the kind you find in the camping section) instead w/the towels. Make sure to bring extra towels and baby wipes in case of a poop! Good luck!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
How is she doing? Any eggs yet? Did you go to the vet and what did he say?
Wondering about your girl,
Kelly

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When you go to the vet, make sure she's really warm from basking before you leave & wrap her up in something that's made of fleece, it helps keep the warmth in. I put my dragons in a shoebox, then in a sports bag & make sure the car is really warm, too. Hope that helps, keep us all updated.

EmAndWillow

Original Poster
I have a gel type ice/heat pack that can be microwaved i think i might use that when i take her :) today she ate 15 waxworms! out of nowhere my sister offered her them and she snapped them up :eek: it was amazing!

AND i weighed her, she was 284 grams before this whole experience and she's now 277 which is a lot better than i expected, considering she's eaten next to nothing for around 3-4 weeks. She's still active, showing good colours and has bright eyes and energy so i'm hoping it was just spring fever? its been a strange few weeks

here are some images of her, just for fun :)

427872_2866169145409_1595211463_31931180_1348926819_n.jpg

562585_2972736049515_1595211463_31972947_2011523296_n.jpg

553878_2865998581145_1174072278_n.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hard to say, at least the vet will take xrays & let you know what's going on with her. Keep me updated, it's always a worry when they act strange & you don't know why.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I am so anxious to see what the vet says about your girl, mine is going through the same thing, for about the same amount of time. Except mine is still eating, not many insects, but the same amount of greens and veggies. Mine has gone from 513g. on April 27, to 589g today. She dug her cave / tunnel about a month ago and still no egg laying.
Will be waiting for your post!
Kelly and Puff

EmAndWillow

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I took Willow to the herp vet the other day for a full exam and the vet did a fecal exam as well as a check-up and in-depth question and answer session on her past.

He gave her stomach a good feel and determined she isn't carrying any eggs that he could notice and that what i felt was probably her ribs due to her losing weight. We had an x-ray done for confirmation and there were no obvious masses or obstructions in her stomach,

the only thing that was apparent was a small break in her tail, which happened a few months back and was of no immediate concern, The fecal test came back fine and she's free of any parasites and not dehydrated or lethargic, he seemed very pleased to hear that she's back to normal now and her appetite is back which rules out anything serious. He said that her whole tail from root to tip appears to be in shed (which i hadn't noticed previously) which might account for the lack of appetite,

Another thing he mentioned is because of her lack of calcium and D3 in the past it is likely that her mind thought she was carrying eggs when in actual fact she didn't have sufficient supplies of calcium to form any so her mind was tricked.

Things are back to normal now and she's doing well :) thank you to everyone who took the time to offer advice! Willow & I really appreciate your help :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that is such great news and so glad she's not carrying eggs & that she's parasite free. So good that she's got her normal appetite back, hopefully she doesn't do this again & just doesn't bother at all with eggs.

EmAndWillow

Original Poster
It is amazing news after all she's been through its nice to know no damage has been done! she's the love of my life :) she means the world to me i wouldn't sell her for any amount of money.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know how you feel, I feel the way about all 5 of my beardies & Gabriel, my latest, is really doing alot better now. He's a real cutie & a snuggler, which just melts my heart! I'm just so glad she got such a great checkup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom