dracul is acting very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

odonna

I am hoping somebody out there can help me with my dragon . She is about 10 months old and has been healthy but now is not eating and is digging all the time or scratching at the cage or the window or the floor she has now stopped pooping and last night i found 3 roundish white balls in her cage we broke one open and it is kinda pinkish orange inside if anybody knows any thing please help me as this is my baby thankyou

tonid

Hatchling Member
Sounds like your baby has laid eggs. Not sure what you do about it, someone on here will give you advice.

Reapix

Hatchling Member
definitly eggs, altho theyre likely infertile meaning they wont hatch into anything, although if she has been around males they could be fertile.
i dont know a whole bunch about wht to do if they hatch ect.

odonna

Original Poster
Reapix":3qki84pj said:
definitly eggs, altho theyre likely infertile meaning they wont hatch into anything, although if she has been around males they could be fertile.
i dont know a whole bunch about wht to do if they hatch ect.
thanks for the info but does anybody know how long she can survive without eating shes not very big as she was quite skinny when i got her and should i try feeding her baby food and put her in a cage with sand as i also fear impactions i also have a 2 year old male but they have never mated as he has no interest in her

odonna

Original Poster
how long can a beardie live without food i have been bathing her daily to keep her hydrated but she wont eat any of her favorites and she would eat anything should i try force feeding her i have never owned a female but my male is about two and a half yrs old and he is overly healthy this one worries me i sleep with her a night on my chest and she snuggles so i know that her personality has not changed at this point pleaase anyone with any ideas please let me know

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
hummm it could mean one of two things, either the few eggs shes layed were dropped and she still has more in there, or she has become egg bound. You need to get her to the vet for an x-ray to confirm which it is, but this can be very serious and possible deadly if not treated in time so please do it sooner rather than later.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad to hear that she did lay more eggs so, she is probably not egg bound. If she continues to act a little off, definitely get some x-rays to make sure she did not retain any.
Are you using a UVB light, & supplementing with calcium?
Since she is under 1 year, extra calcium is a must. She is not finished growing & she needs the calcium & extra vitamins right now.
Has her appetite come back yet?

Tracie

odonna

Original Poster
Drache613":1b003u0l said:
Hello,

Glad to hear that she did lay more eggs so, she is probably not egg bound. If she continues to act a little off, definitely get some x-rays to make sure she did not retain any.
Are you using a UVB light, & supplementing with calcium?
Since she is under 1 year, extra calcium is a must. She is not finished growing & she needs the calcium & extra vitamins right now.
Has her appetite come back yet?

Tracie
yes she is getting extra calcium she has a brand new uvb light and shes eating like a horse crickets butter worms meal worms silk worms and all her veggies thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom