Doesn't really like hornworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Anybody else have a dragon that doesn't seem to like hornworms or super worms? We went to our first expo recently and after talking to Lynn from Carolina Designer Dragons, decided to switch to a worm diet rather than smelly crickets. (Of course with greens too!). The first couple days our beardie gobbled them up and loved the roaches too, but he basically stopped eating again. He would nibble salad the past couple days and would not eat anything that wiggled. This morning he finally ate one hornworm, but as you can see, a second one and a dish full of supers are of no interest. Anyone else have a dragon that doesn't eat these? I've read they are like crack to them, haha.

20A24849-750C-400E-8005-5A1DB251E638-10014-0000083B8DDB9CB6.jpg

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update: he actually, for the first time ever, pooped IN that dish, ON the worms!!! It was also the best formed poop hes ever had as well. He nine months old and his poop has always been very runny and very stinky. I just got the fecal results back yesterday and he was completely clear of any parasites. I was sure that's why his poops are always runny, so now I'm stumped on that too.

My dragon lovessssssssssssssssssss hornworms. I barely have to put it in the cage before his tongue is hanging out of his mouth.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Stella has "eating" days and "not eating" days too. Like, she'll go for a couple weeks eating me out of house and home, and then suddenly she won't want to eat anything for the next week or so. And repeat. She's also the same age as your dragon.

Maybe that's what he's doing, and it's not really a matter of him not liking the worms?

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I guess that's what I'm going with, since I just placed my first order with mulberry farms for some piggy food! I ordered supers, horns and roaches. Not the dubius, cuz they were out of stock, but another kind.

He has been much more active this week, and eating supers everyday now. It must have been either the temp, the light, the boredom, or a combination of all those.

I'm relieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom