Does someone need more babypics?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Just a update on Lilith in case someone needs to see more baby dragon pics. She is a bold little girl, eating her greens off the tip of my fingers already and picking the bugs out of them also. Relocation stress is starting to fade, the stress lines are almost gone and she is waving only very little. She even lets me pet her from time to time.
Yesterday she weighted in at 12g and 15,5cm :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_095534.jpg
    IMG_20240420_095534.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20240423_150546.jpg
    IMG_20240423_150546.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240423_150552.jpg
    IMG_20240423_150552.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240423_154153.jpg
    IMG_20240423_154153.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240423_154150.jpg
    IMG_20240423_154150.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240423_154151.jpg
    IMG_20240423_154151.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 31

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
When they still fit in their bowl :D

Nice that you can already put her on a scale :)
I remember weighing my Taco for the first time months after I got him (no way to get him out before, he jumped off too quickly, was just able to check if he "looks okay") months after I got him, the weight was 230 g and he scratched me up quite badly despite otherwise he was very relaxed. But this scared him. The second time and ever after that it was fine, though :D

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Uhhh yes please 🙂
More pics ate always good 👍
She is fabulous 😍

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
When they still fit in their bowl :D

Nice that you can already put her on a scale :)
I remember weighing my Taco for the first time months after I got him (no way to get him out before, he jumped off too quickly, was just able to check if he "looks okay") months after I got him, the weight was 230 g and he scratched me up quite badly despite otherwise he was very relaxed. But this scared him. The second time and ever after that it was fine, though :D
Haha, she ran on the first try but I did put her in a cricket box for the second try and she did stay out. She was somewhat cranky after that but as mentioned she is really brave and got over it quickly!
:)
I didn't want to stress her but the shedding on her tail looked a little off so I wanted to check it out close up and put some coconut oil on it. As she was out anyway I took weight and lenght...

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I weigh my dragon in his transport box. I guess when I put him in first time for weighing him he might have associated this with situations when he was sold/shipped (which happened twice in his life; I got him not directly from a breeder but from a small reptile store here in town, breeder is some 1340 km (830 miles) away as bearded dragons, and reptiles in general, are very unusual pets here). He didn't like that, might have thought his time here is over and I'll give him away (can totally understand that it likely looked to him like that), and scratched me wildly over my hands and arms, I was wiping off my blood.
Next time in the box, he was relaxed, though and he has no bad associations with it.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I'm very glad that Lilith has already settled into her new home and has a great appetite! :love:
Please post more photos of her!
I wonder if Luis hasn’t realized yet that he has a little neighbor?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I'm very glad that Lilith has already settled into her new home and has a great appetite! :love:
Please post more photos of her!
I wonder if Luis hasn’t realized yet that he has a little neighbor?
It is kind of hard to get good photos of her. Outside she has this light orange colour but once in the tank she gets this dark greenish brown and just camouflages with the branches it's ridiculous. Here's her sleeping and her "scouting" spots as well as what she looks outside. She may get more vibrant when she seattles in fully?? Maybe??

The two have never seen each other, I have curtains in front of both tanks to avoid it for now. But Luis will come to the front of the glass a lot and just sit there like he wants to figure out who I'm talking to and what I'm looking at. He doesn't want to get out though, (as usual when he's in shed) but he knows there is something going on...

Attachments

• IMG_20240422_194533.jpg
    IMG_20240422_194533.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240422_173022.jpg
    IMG_20240422_173022.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2024-04-19 17.51.50.download.download.jpg
    2024-04-19 17.51.50.download.download.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Thank you, the photo with the sexy leg is wonderful!
It's amazing how different her colors are inside and outside. Perhaps the UV lamp changes her color inside the terrarium.
But in all the photos Lilith is a beautiful little dragon. :love:

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I didn't have my Taco out of the enclosure when he was so little, so have no comparison "little Taco inside and outside of enclosure", but he changed his color from chocolate brown with grey to light ochre with orange and purple and a "crayon-like" vibrant dark orange around his ears, plus the beard changing from white tips to orange tips over the months. When he was younger he was mostly sitting on a branch. There are so many things for which they change their color: the mood, the camouflage thing, the absorption of heat/light... I still find it fascinating :)
My Taco is usually a bit darker outside of the enclosure (but inside the room) - not "stress marks dark", but a color he also has when he sits in the shade. Likely because the temperature is then lower than in his enclosure.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I didn't have my Taco out of the enclosure when he was so little, so have no comparison "little Taco inside and outside of enclosure", but he changed his color from chocolate brown with grey to light ochre with orange and purple and a "crayon-like" vibrant dark orange around his ears, plus the beard changing from white tips to orange tips over the months. When he was younger he was mostly sitting on a branch. There are so many things for which they change their color: the mood, the camouflage thing, the absorption of heat/light... I still find it fascinating :)
My Taco is usually a bit darker outside of the enclosure (but inside the room) - not "stress marks dark", but a color he also has when he sits in the shade. Likely because the temperature is then lower than in his enclosure.
As I said, I only had her out once because I was a little concerned about her tail. At this stage I believe it is not good for winning their trust or building a bond to handle them too much but health is more important.
We have come a long way already though, she already lets me pet her from time to time and the last time she pooped, she ran to the glass and scratched like crazy, telling me "human, clean my s!#$ like you always do!" In a couple of days maybe I'll try to pick her up but only if she lets me consistently pet her without shying away...

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
As I said, I only had her out once because I was a little concerned about her tail. At this stage I believe it is not good for winning their trust or building a bond to handle them too much but health is more important.
We have come a long way already though, she already lets me pet her from time to time and the last time she pooped, she ran to the glass and scratched like crazy, telling me "human, clean my s!#$ like you always do!" In a couple of days maybe I'll try to pick her up but only if she lets me consistently pet her without shying away...
Absolutely, health/safety is super important. (That would also be the only situation in which I would "force" an animal out of its enclosure, where I would catch it.)
And I think you are bonding very well with her :)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom