DIY Condo/Stackables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogles

Juvie Member
Anyone have plans/DIY on a 3 Cage Stackable Condo?

I'm planning on building one this weekend and need plans on it.
Looking for 4x2x2 each stacked high

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Hey Fogles. quite frankly all you have to do is build 3 4x2x2 and separate them with a couple of 2' long 2x4s and you will be set. That gap will allow heat to escape between them.

dontbehalen11

I had just built a custom cage about 2 days ago that is close to what you were talking about.The entire cage dimensions were 48" x 24" x 75.5". Although we messed up with the building, and drawing process the cage still looks really good. For the inside of the cages there are two 48" x 24" x 20"
and one 48" x 24" x 25" cage. Also in between each cage is a 4" empty space that is used to place the light fixture cords, and ect... in. I will post pics as soon as i take some (so as soon as the cage is done). I will also post the prices if you wantr them...

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I prefer the 48x24x18high cages more, better UVB penetration with a fluorescent tube 10.0 and I can change my basking temps with the wattage of my spot light.

With a 48x24x24 you need to use a MVB like a MegaRay (100w or 160w) to get UVB penetration, and that makes regulating temps much more difficult.

Just a thought... I own several of both sizes

Jeff

DDonathan08

citrusdragon":403c5 said:
I prefer the 48x24x18high cages more, better UVB penetration with a fluorescent tube 10.0 and I can change my basking temps with the wattage of my spot light.

With a 48x24x24 you need to use a MVB like a MegaRay (100w or 160w) to get UVB penetration, and that makes regulating temps much more difficult.

Just a thought... I own several of both sizes

Jeff

We were looking into getting a 48x24x18. How many dragons do you have in 1 cage? I read that 2 can be in one comfortably but I want to know for sure before we get that size since we want another beardie :)

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
My dad and i are actually in the middle of a build right now. We are building three seperate units that can be assembled inside and be stacked. It's a three viv beardie condo each 4X2X2 :D

we don't have any plans or drawings but my dad's really into wood work so the plans are in his head haha.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Cohabitation depends on the size and temperament of the individuals. Even paired females can become aggressive with each other. I suggest being very careful and be ready with another enclosure.

Jeff

stigler

like it says on may other posts bearded dragons are teratorial some will live together ok but is it worth the risk i tried two females together and lets just say it wasnt good and i for one would never try it again for me it really isnt worth it

AprilMayJune

Hatchling Member
We've already built a triple decker condo for our Beardies. Tough job and you have to be careful with temps as the top viv can get too warm.

There is a post of it in the enclosures section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom