Did my girl squeak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
My research indicates that the only vocalizing beardies do is to make a soft hissing sound when they feel threatened. That being said...my Cissy made a squeak and jumped the other night while she was sleeping. I figured she was dreaming. It was not the dogs I heard, because Cissy sleeps right beside me in a shallow, blankie-filled box at the head of the bed. She was less than 18 inches away from my face. I was not in any type of altered state, nor was I dreaming.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks,
Esther

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Wouldn't know. They have their own bedroom and I don't want to know what happens behind closed doors at night... :lol:. In reality, I have never heard of anything like this.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. Lol. I keep her by me because she has been sick, and I would hate for her to die alone. Now she's improving, but I still like to have her nearby.

thebenior

Hatchling Member
From what I understand, geckos are the only lizards with vocal cords.

My beardie Thor sometimes lets out a little lizard sigh, which I guess is just a loud exhaling of air. He seems to do it after settling in while hanging from my girlfriend's hair.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Another hair-loving beardie. :D Thanks for your reply.
I guess if they have no vocal cords they can't squeak, can they?
Thanks again!
Esther

bambichik39

Juvie Member
thebenior, my beardie Pablo does this all the time! Scared me the first few times! Another time I thought he was making some weird noise he was trying to eat my hair :shock: It's his favorite hang out place

thebenior

Hatchling Member
Heh, my beardie Thor once attacked my girlfriend's hair when she looked down with his viv door open. He just bit it once, probably thought, "Not a bug," and let go. Another time, we picked him up from my parents who were watching him while we went on a snowboarding trip. My girlfriend scooped him out of his tank, he climbed around to the back of fuzzy yarn-stranded mohawked stocking cap (sort of like this instance, but with a hat on). We heard smacking noises, she said, "Ah, he's doing something!" Turns out he was trying to eat the yarn on the hat, and we heard his little jaws smacking. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom