Depressed after laying???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello all, i thought i would start a new topic as its now a new problem. Gizmo was going nuts last week and i thought it was another phantom pregnancy thing as she didnt want to dig, well i was worng (i feel horrible!!!) she laid two eggs on friday (very small clutch i know!!). She had finsishe and managed to get them all covered up, but she hasnt been right since.

I took her to the vets for blood test and x-ray, there are no more eggs, so shes not egg bound, but the vet dosnt know what else to do. Her calcium levels are fine.

She is just really dark, lethargic and not her usual self. I am hoping that a few days of a 'normal' routien will sort her out, but as its her first time i am so very worried!! SHe has eaten 12 supers today (yay) so her appitite is back to normal! she has lots of really long baths and sometimes drink from it, so she is not dehydrated.

Has anyone gone through post lay depression before??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I haven't, but I have read where some do experience this. It isn't really like our postpartum depression, just keep the feeding and calcium up, and she should pull right out.
Janie.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok, well my normal vet rang me today and said she would need to come in again to make sure she is ok. Could she have picked up an infection or something? is there something i am missing??

Cheers

Buggsy

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to bump this as she is still not 100%. I have spoken to the vet over the phone and he wants to give her some antibiotics, bu ti am not so sure its an infection,and i know they can be hard on her so dont want to give them un-neccessarly.

What could cause signs of lethargy, dark colours and unresponsivness? Her basking temps are fine, and she has a new arcadia12% UVB in there.

She is a little better, she ate 13 supers 3 days ago, but still hasnt pooped, so i gave her some olive oil this morning (she hasnt pooped the small meals she has before that either) Im pulling my hair out but no-one seems to know what to do for the best!!!

Please help i dont want to loose her!
Buggsy

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Pm Drache613... She'll know what to do ! Oh and have the dragon's test results ready too, as I know that will be asked ;)
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom