Delilah

Beardie name(s)
Delilah
So I thought Delilah and I were bonded she let me take her outside and just sat on me and was letting me get her out of her enclosure... But now she's jumping out of my hand before I can even get her out running from me... What do I do?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So I thought Delilah and I were bonded she let me take her outside and just sat on me and was letting me get her out of her enclosure... But now she's jumping out of my hand before I can even get her out running from me... What do I do?
Have patience, it can take months for them to calm down.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I agree on that, and: Sometimes they just don't want.
On some days, my Taco (10 months old, generally very relaxed, tame) wants out twice - in some weeks, he wants out only once (the whole week!), but rather enjoys being petted inside the enclosure... For me that's fine. He has the possibility to come out - he doesn't need to do so. If he doesn't want, I might offer him coming out a few hours later or the next day again.

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
I hate that it can take so long for them to warm up to you Patience is a virtue I rarely have but I guess like with my daughter I'm just going to have to be patient... Well I hope she wants to always be out whenever she gets older I mean not always but I want her to want me to hold her to come out and explore and see the rest of the house but I do understand she's little and it is going to take time and she's not a dog I can't just give her a treat in her be happy

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I hate that it can take so long for them to warm up to you Patience is a virtue I rarely have but I guess like with my daughter I'm just going to have to be patient... Well I hope she wants to always be out whenever she gets older I mean not always but I want her to want me to hold her to come out and explore and see the rest of the house but I do understand she's little and it is going to take time and she's not a dog I can't just give her a treat in her be happy
A trick I use is getting them out just before bedtime and letting them fall asleep on me. It don't take long before they look forward to that.

Delilah - mybeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Delilah
She did let me give her a quick bath question... She keeps waving and I think it cause she sees her reflection in the glass what can I do... I don't wanna put her background paper inside the tank but in thinking that maybe what's stressing her a lot

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She did let me give her a quick bath question... She keeps waving and I think it cause she sees her reflection in the glass what can I do... I don't wanna put her background paper inside the tank but in thinking that maybe what's stressing her a lot
The reflection can 100% cause stress. Anything you put outside will tend to increase the reflection inside. A lot of folks give them a foam background, it doubles as a climbing wall to.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I agree, a foam background (made from styrofoam, expanding foam, tile glue - can be looked up online how to make, and for an inspiration look e.g. at my thread in the "enclosures" section) is great! I also added one (back and left side) so my dragon has something for climbing up that resembles a natural stone wall but is lightweight.
Temporarily you could try to shield the glass with some cardboard that you put in (not outside).

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom