Deep sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan06

Holy cow, is this normal? Our beardie is literally out like the dead when he (she?) sleeps. Usually he stays awake until about 10p and I normally get him out around 9:30-9:45p. He'll run around for a bit and then settle in. He barely stirs when I put him back in his viv and he's usually in the same place the next morning. Last night, it was only about 9:30p when I finally had a chance to sit down and his eyes were open when I entered the room but man oh man he was sacked out. I was actually worried that something was wrong with him because he is normally still awake at this time and he barely moved when at all when I went to get him out and then didn't do his normal *settle in dance* but rather just sacked out on chest.

Tonight he I came in the room again around 9:30p and he seemed to be wide awake, even squirmed around/ran around a little bit in my hand but as soon as I set him on my chest again he didn't do the dance, just sacked out. He's laying here now, sound asleep under the covers with me.

I wish my kids slept this soundly! :D

carlisv

Hatchling Member
Beardies sleep like the dead - sounds don't seem to bother them but light does. When our Dubs was younger, around his bedtime we would wait until he was doing something weird, then turn the lights out. He went to sleep immediately, in whatever position he had been in. We've got him in some really strange positions! He would be in the same position when the lights went on in the morning.

Spartan06

Original Poster
That's too funny!!! :lol: We have Spartan's light on a timer and we homeschool, so some days we come down before his light comes on and he's still in the same spot, other days we're down after his light has already come on. It depends on how long his light has been on, some days he'll still be in that same spot, even with the light on.

Lenewen

Juvie Member
I can tell you beardies are not the only reptiles that sack out like that! My water dragon is the same way. Once the lights are out, he passes out and if we take him out he barely stirs. We find him, as well as our bearded dragons, in the same place they were the night before the next morning. They do sleep quite soundly!

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
When I turn the lights out on mine, he bumps his nose into something until it covers his head. Lately he's been sleeping under his log with his head wrapped around and under an arm that's on the leg. If I put him in when he's half asleep and I lay him on his hammock (which he absolutely loves despite it being green) he stays there all night with his leg draped over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom