Deciding if I want another beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I saw an ad for a baby beardie that had a foot missing and some toes. It says it is a disability which I understand but the disability would be that it would be hard to it to run down food right? Or is there other problems that could arise. I am just curious because I think I would like another one. They are the best little pets :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he's all healed up he won't have any trouble catching his food. Have you/can you see him before you get him ?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
www.beardeddragons.co is selling it. She is a leatherback but it says her foot is half missing and her toes are gone on one foot. It says its healed up. I just didn't know if down the line problems would happen.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's very unlikely to cause any problems, they get around just fine and once it's healed, the skin is fairly tough that grows over the stump. Other than a slight disadvantage in gripping for climbing , there's no real problem.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ok thank you :). My other question would be is a leathback the same to take care of as a regular beardie.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No need to feel dumb at all. It shows more smarts to ask questions and find out as much as you can. :)

RuselBro

Juvie Member
That Lawson's/Rankin's Male Adult Dragon they have is Awesome! I haven't seen a Lawson's/Rankin's that Light of a Color Before.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
It's not hard to decide whether you WANT another beardie lol - we all want more of course!! :D The hard part is determining whether you really have the time and finances to care for another beardie. Do you have emergency vet funds and such saved for your current beardie? Are you able to keep her supplied with correct lighting, feeders, greens, supplements, etc. at all times? Can you afford a seperate enclosure set-up and the increased electric bills that will come with getting a new beardie? Don't forget vet check-ups and parasite tests at least once per year, plus any resulting medications needed.

If the answer is yes, then by all means please DO considering getting another beardie!! The more beardies in good homes, the better. Let us know how it goes :blob8:

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Ummmm^....

Just Because a Beardie is Deformed or Handicapped doesn't mean it shouldn't have a Loving caring home, it deserve's the Best just as any other Beardie Does.

And Having 2 Beardies is Not Hoarding. Lol. Many people on here have 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,5, Ect. It's a Hobby, Passion and Love for Animal's and Reptile's. So if that is a Mental Disorder, then just about every person is Mental, including Myself.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Niveus":2h9d7t7j said:
why would you want one that has a missing foot? And you already have one, hoarding animals is a mental disorder. :|

That is pretty rude. Having two animals is not hoarding. If I just wanted a million pets and didn't care for them then yes. You should look hoarding up.

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
well considering to having 2 beardies qualifies as a hoarder, then I guess I must be an extreme hoarder, I have 3 dogs, 2 beardies, we have a savannah monitor, a blue tongue skink, a crested gecko, some fish and my nephew has a rat. Oh me oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom