Dealing with yellow fungus and giving meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I am not sure what else to do with Jesse. I have tried the syringe with meds putting into the side of her mouth, inject it into a roach or 3, she got wise to that and spits them out, now I'm giving her critical care with baby food squash on her nose and when she licks it off I put the meds on top of it, so she licks the meds without me fighting with her, that is not goning to work to much longer, she is getting to wise for that trick too. Any other ideas? I am at the end with giving her meds without her hating me, or she is getting so scared every time I come around her, or its just a big fight. I work full time now, so I give her the meds when I get home and then try to give her critical care with baby food squash. She is not eating much and losing weight. I leave greens in every day and roaches 3 times a week in a bowel in her tank. Her UVB bulb is due to change in a few weeks so I should have that by the weekend. Any more ideas I would appreciate. She has to have meds for 2 1/2 months and its only been 3 weeks. She has a vet appointment on the 28th of this month for more blood work to make sure the meds are not doing any damage to her organs. I took her in last Tuesday so the vet could check on how the anti fungal is doing, which it is doing good.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hello BW.....have you tried hornworms or superworms ? Most beardies go crazy for them, so maybe you could inject one or two of those and he'll still go for them. It's encouraging that the vet sees improvement....I hope it continues !

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I had to take Jesse to the vets again today, she couldn't breath good and was blowing bubbles out of her nose. She is shedding so they cleaned out her nose plug and the other nostril which is deformed was plugged up too. They did an x-ray to see her lungs,which were fine and gave her an antibiotic shot and another one on Saturday. I will not be giving her the meds for yellow fungus for a while, she lost 40+ grams in 3 weeks and not eating. I am getting really worried about her, not to mention the very big vet bills that I am not able to pay in the future. Not sure what to do now. $300+ plus today and another bill on Saturday and then next Saturday for blood work $200+. Between Jesse and Booger I have put out well over $2,000 since May without a job most of the time. I love my girls but I just can't afford the vet bills any more.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor Jess. :( Just keep her comfortable + keep the antifungal cream on the areas. Offer all her fave foods, and maybe a break from the meds. will help boost her appetite. You might P.M. Drache613 or Spikesagirl [ her thread on Dino's Y/F. is in the infectious disease thread ] They may have a few more thoughts....but you're doing all you can, so just keep up what you can afford and what she will tolerate right now. If she's going off the meds. for a while, you might skip the bloodwork for now as well and save some money. I feel for you.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
After talking to a few people including Tracie about her fungus, I am taking her off meds all together. I am going to go the natural way. I will be emailing Tracie on what I need to buy and start her on that stuff. I am not sure how she will do, but being on meds she has lost so much weight and not eating. She is still very active and all that. I just can't do this to her. I am not sure how much more time she has but I will try and do my best by her. I know sooner or later I will have to decide if she will get through this or time to put her down, but for now, I want to give her the best I can and after being on meds for 3 weeks, its just not for her. I will be talking to the vet on Saturday when she gets her other antibiotic shot.

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
You could try to feed her baby food. I've actually somewhat found a way to get my Simon to eat. The trick: drip it on the tip of their mouth and make sure they can't see the syringe! I managed to get 3 syringe full of pea baby food into him last night. I had it at room temperature. Good luck and hope that works for you! Simon hasn't really eaten in over a week or so but I refuse to give up!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have been giving her baby food squash with critical care in it to get something in her. I might get some chicken (baby food) this weekend and see if she will eat it all if I mix it up, she didn't eat any roaches today so she got a lot of squash and critical care. I will be getting some other stuff this weekend and get her to eat.

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
Simon literally ran shaking his head when I fed him the chicken. Tried the Turkey and he loved it! I would get both if you can. I mixed some calcium powder with his food today. Actually got 3.6 syringes worth of food. Vet said I could do 12cc a day

I had a beardie that would not eat. She lost 125 grams during the whole bout. I found that making a very colorful salad did help entice her. I even added edible flowers, red bell pepper, yellow squash, purple grapes cut in quarters. I know you're trying to syringe feed your dragon, and that's hard! I foud that if I made my dragon a little cold, she was more cooperative. I'm not saying ice cold or anything drastic. But like after a bath where I leave her in till the water is cooler than I normally would leave her in for. Then I'd wrap her in a towel like a burrito. Then I could hold her head still and try to get the syringe in her mouth.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Becky,

I will email you with a few more ideas. I am sorry she has lost so much weight so quickly.
Is she in good spirits at least?
Are her colors looking good though?
I know it's hard to see them like that, as meds are so tough on their system.

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Tracie, I sent you an email. I am taking her to get another anti biotic shot today. I will be getting grapefruit seed extract, liquid echinacea, milk thistle, colloidal silver, if I can find it, more bee pollen and pro biotics. Can I get the link to your site too? Maybe you have what I am looking for. She is still active, good colors and running around. She did eat a few roaches this morning instead of feeding her stuff. I would like more information on the black cherry extract too. I have a few people helping me out on going the natural way with her instead of meds. I just ordered some Acidophiliz from your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom