Darkening, not basking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
My 2 yr. old female beardie Sylas has been acting a little out of sorts for the past 2 weeks. She is not basking as much as my other 3 beardies. She is spending a lot of time in her hide. She is still eating & pooping as usual. Today she is very dark. Her head is shedding so I am not sure if that is the issue?

My set-up:

- ReptiSun 24" 10.0

- Basking spot is at 100 degrees

- She eats 4 supers in the morning and 4 at night. I will mix it up with dubia. She gets dusted supers 5 times a week and Reptivite once a week.

- She always has a fresh salad but she picks occasionally. We are trying to get her more interested.

- She gets a soak 3 times a week and misted daily.

- We also bring her out of her enclosure once a day.

Any suggestions would be great. I am curious about the darkening and the not wanting to bask.

Thank you!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Possible brumation?
You can cut down the calcium to 3x a week. Other then that everything sounds good. What is her substrate? How old is her UV?

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Her UV is actually only a week old. She has a wood enclosure that has been painted over. It was aired out for a long time before we put her in it. She also has slate rocks all over the tank.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
anamlgrl":2vaffeio said:
Thanks for the reply. Her UV is actually only a week old. She has a wood enclosure that has been painted over. It was aired out for a long time before we put her in it. She also has slate rocks all over the tank.

So no sand? or any other loose particle substrate? Do you have a picture of your girl in question?

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No loose substrate at all. She is sleeping in her hide right now...here is a recent pic.

Sy2.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I am thinking brumation at this point, have you had a fecal done recently? Just to be sure, if she is going into bumation you don't want her with any parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessyMay
Top Bottom