*crunch*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

I was holding Poncho just a few minutes ago, he squirmed to get away and when he did I heard something go "crunch." I am in full fledged panic mode. It happened when his tail bend against my stomach. I immediately went into parent mode and got him up and kissed on him and loved on him and I checked his tail. It doesn't LOOK broken and he doesn't mind me moving it around and kind of putting a little pressure on it between my thumb and index finger all over it from base to tip. He is acting completely fine. I am just FREAKING OUT!!! Someone PLEASE tell me that it was just like when we pop our fingers or something and because he is willingly letting me invade his space to poke and move at his tail that he is ok...please?? I can't hurt him, that's my baby!!! I NEED HIM!
:help: :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is too bad. Hopefully it will be fine.
Really, all you can do is watch & wait to see what his tail looks like. If is is broken or injured, the area will probably change color slightly. Is it completely normal looking, no kinks, etc?

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Thank you for your response. No he doesn't have a kink in it at all and I picked him up to get him ready for bed and he is moving it around and doesn't seem to be favoring it at all. Maybe I was just being paranoid. It hasn't changed colors at all, it MAY be getting a little light for a shed as he has just finished shedding everything but his tail. My boy is growing!! He was 7 3/4 inches and 53grams when I got him (about 6 months old) and he is now 9 1/2 inches (nipped tail from babyhood) and 103grams. At about 7 1/2 months old.

I've got him burritoed in a towel and he's sound asleep on my chest for the night. I couldn't sleep worrying about him. And I certainly can't get in his bedroom to cuddle so he's in the big bed with Daddy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, definitely let me know how his tail is looking. Hopefully, it will be nothing to worry about!
I know it's hard not to worry though.
I hope he enjoyed his little burrito wrap. LOL
He has definitely grown a lot, that is a pretty good weight for his age.

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
His tail is looking just fine. It is turning preshed color and he is as active as ever. I just had to do an awkward lunge and catch to keep him from launchin himself off the back of my chair. He has slept in the bed for the past 2 nights, he has never slept better, the complete opposite for me lol. Back to his bedroom tonight, he just doesn't know it yet. Thank you for your concern and advice. I think I have the only beardie that gets MORE playful the older he gets...Him: :blob8: me: :banghead: :shock:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great the tail is looking fine!
Uh oh, I think he is spoiled & will end up sleeping in the bed now, for good. :D He thinks he is a person now.
That is great he is doing well & is so active also. They are so precious as they get older, too. :love5:

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So yea...about that back to his bedroom thing. Ha. He has been in the bed ever since. Mommy came to spend the night with us where he so lovingly snuggled himself right in the middle. True toddler form. I got the "is he seriously going to sleep in the bed look" and he gave the yep night night smirk. He definitely thinks he's human. The crazy child launched himself onto my cheese toast and if I leave the room for more than 25 minutes I get full beard black colorings stress marks, the whole 9 yards until I pick him up. We've started (by we, Poncho) a new not so fun for daddy game lol when I try to put him back in his cage he climbs on top of my head like I'll never find him hiding there. Its getting to the point where I'm afraid I'll be the crazy lady with the lizard in walmart lmao (totally kidding) does anyone else have needy/clingy/obsessive babies like this??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OMG, I was laughing so hard at a mental image of him launching through the air landing on your cheese toast! :D That had to have been hilarious...sorry.
Oh don't worry, our dragons are extremely spoiled & they pout when they think they haven't gotten enough attention & kisses. My hubby just rolls his eyes at me. They are both big babies, (not my hubby-LOL), but they are so cute.
They love to sport their black beards for sure! It sounds like he has gotten exactly what he wanted then. I think he is fine now, with his newly secured bed. LOL
I am glad that he is alright though with no injuries.

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL He had been eye balling my cheese toast since I brought it in the room then I got him out to sit on the bed and watch tv and before I knew it he was smack in the middle of it. He definitely keeps me on my toes! He LOVES kisses. He likes for me to get right up under his chin and just kiss his little beard over and over. As I held him today I was wondering since he wants to be held sooo much I'm concerned about his lack of being in his viv aka missing out on his lighting. I'm thinking about getting a little kid playpen so I can hook up some lighting and a basking spot or him in it and he can still be out and with me. Do you think this would work??

here is his new thread with some cute pics btw... viewtopic.php?f=49&t=161504

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I've read of a couple people doing that. Can't remember what they said, though. :)
I'd start a new thread with that question. Poncho is adorable!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh wow, he is just as spoiled as ours are! How long would you say that he is out of his tank & not under his light? An hour or two a day is ok as long as he gets his basking & UVB in for the good portion of the day.
If he is eating well & digesting then I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could set up a little playpen for him with a light setup for him.
They do love kisses though don't they!
How is he doing today?

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I giggled a little at the hour or 2 thing. He tolerates not being held or in my presence for maybe 3-4 hours a day. He is incredibly spoiled right now bc I'm at home all day. In the process of starting my own business. If I go out with his Mommy for the evening I come home to find him under his log hide completely black and grumpy doesn't describe it. As soon as he sees me though he perks right up and literally 3 seconds after I pick him up he is bright and gaping (grinning as we call it). He eats like a horse. Soon I'm going to have to start rounding up the neighborhood dogs and cats to feed him lmao! Poops at least once usually twice a day about 30-45 minutes after eating. I do make him stay in his bedroom a couple of hours before and after eating so he can digest. With full stink eye going on lol. The play pen idea is more for me lmao. Its literally like having a newborn but worse. I LOVE it though!! Wouldn't trade it for the world as I have dealt with a lot of bullying and neglect in my past its nice to have someone want to be up under me 24/7. I just want my boy healthy and not be selfish with him to the point of harm. Does that make sense?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Absolutely! That is nice then to be home to see him all of the time. He will get on a schedule/routine as he gets older. Though you will have a very strong bond then, when you get them young & they become attached. I work from home now also, a couple of jobs.
I think a playpen would be a great idea then, so he could have a couple of setups for the day, no problem at all. If he can at least see you or be in the same room with you then that would work out great!
I know, it's hard to leave them because when you go out & come back they are all upset & pouting. :D
At least he is doing very well now & is eating a lot! I hope you don't have to round up dogs & cats to feed him. LOL
He sounds very healthy & happy too. Great job!

Tracie

PonchoandDaddy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is being a little indecisive today. One minute he wants in the viv and the next he is pitiful and wants to cuddle. He needs to shed, his little tail, right back leg and foot, right hand, and the strip of spikeys across the back of his head are all pale and have been for about a week now. I'm bathing him daily for as long as he will let me and he is soaking one part at a time in his water dish LOL! He is very ticklish when he is in preshed :) Hopefully my boy will shed soon, I'll take his toothbrush to him this evening in the tub and see if that helps.

He says Thank you Tracie, you have so much knowledge that helps take care of me!! Daddy ~~> :study:

My citrus bearded Sheilah gets all puffy at us when she is in her habitat, and gives us an attitude for 30 minutes after she's out. After that it is all happy-tail and gaping.

Mine won't eat anything unless I touch it with my finger first. And Sheilah only takes her veggies by hand.
Oh yeah, she hates baths. Puffs up full-body like a buoy. Or a Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Balloon.

She also holds out on pooping until she is out of her habitat... and on something of "Daddy's". One time she crawled clear across the floor, onto his shoe, and layed one perfectly on it. And his hat. And his sweatshirt. You get the idea.

My lovable little brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom