CROSSFIRE MADE EASY **UPDATED - 3.09.2008** 56K Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FirstBeardie35":982de said:
this is awesome! and to think i was going to buy a viv. haha. is this one 4x2x2? or not?

Yeah It Is 4x2x2, I accidently messed up the cut on the back piece - so mine will actually be 3/4" short of two 2 foot tall, but i'm giving the plans out for a 4x2x2 VIV. let me know if you have any questions...

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FirstBeardie35":f8ff3 said:
ok do you need vents on both the inside and the outside of the viv? im just curious it kind of confused me. thanks!

Well i wouldn't say that you "NEED" them on both sides, but they DO look better if you do it that way...

Please tell me what made it confusing for you? i am trying to make this as un-confusing as poosable for every one and your feed back is appriciated....

thanks

FirstBeardie35

Hatchling Member
just when i was reading the supplies it says u need 2 black and 2 silver then after that it says 4 sides and then right after it says 4 back so it kind of made it seem like you only needed 4 vents. and then the pictures only show 4 vents instead of all of them. i guess its just because im a big visual learner unless it math then im good lol.

FirstBeardie35

Hatchling Member
i know u havent gotten this far yet but just out of curiosity how do you get the lihts to work in the cage? like what do you wire them to?

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
FirstBeardie35":ef0d0 said:
just when i was reading the supplies it says u need 2 black and 2 silver then after that it says 4 sides and then right after it says 4 back so it kind of made it seem like you only needed 4 vents. and then the pictures only show 4 vents instead of all of them. i guess its just because im a big visual learner unless it math then im good lol.

Its cool, i see what you meant - i reworded it a little, let me know if thats a lil better to understand...

FirstBeardie35":ef0d0 said:
i know u havent gotten this far yet but just out of curiosity how do you get the lihts to work in the cage? like what do you wire them to?

You will wire them up to the extention cords. You have to cut the cords' "Female" part off (the part you plug things into) and follow the positive wire and negative wire to the ends and connect them to the proper wire in the lights. I'm going to have two seperate wires coming out of the enclosure - 1 for the main heat light and UVB bulb , and the other for the extra light or ceramic heat emittor... I havent gotten this far yet, so i dunno which wire is going to be neg or pos...so when i call my dad (he is an electrician) to make sure i dont kill my self, i will post it up in the instructions.

dawneast

My husband I have built several of these enclosures. Very easy to do. Even the people who are non-carpenters can do this. Good luck

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah - i would agree that they are very easy. Just have to make sure - if your like me and don't do alot of wood working it's a good idea to always double check your work beofre you make your wood cuts...lol...

updated post

dawneast

I agree! A nice thing is Lowes or Home Depot will cut the wood for you. So we always have them make the initial cuts and then trim it up when we get home if needed. That makes it nice and easier for transportation too.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
dawneast":e6207 said:
I agree! A nice thing is Lowes or Home Depot will cut the wood for you. So we always have them make the initial cuts and then trim it up when we get home if needed. That makes it nice and easier for transportation too.

Yeah - IF YOU BUY THE WOOD THERE... lol - I actually got my melamine some place other than home depot, and they gave me sh*t about cutting the wood cause i didnt buy it there...but they were nice enough to cut it for me anyway... after telling them i bought it at a differant store... but the thing is they dont carry black melamine. so, lucky for me the guy that i was talking to didnt know that...

randomher0no1

Hatchling Member
jay i like the viv, but whats your plans for floor, tile? if so ive been looking at tile for my viv very similar to yours, and if youve looked around for tile have you found anything that doesnt seem so smooth, i mean even ceramic tile is pretty smooth, ive considerd just buying tile and flipping it over because the bottoms more rough, ive tried to find out door tiles, but apprently it isnt the season yet.

JayStation3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Actually i was gonna use these out door rock type ...ummm....rocks...lol...i dunno , they are kinda like the rocks you would use for land scaping, they are about 3/4 of an inch thick and they are not too heavy, i found them in an old part of our neighborhood - an old hose being torn down and rebuilt - so i asked the guys there if they minded if i took some and they were coolw ith it, the "rocks" are various sizes as in length and width and are far from "even", but i think it would look nice-and give my baby a "natural" like living area... im going to try them out and see how i like it, but i also plan on putting some small pebbles on the back of the VIV for extra looks, you know like the rocks on the sides of out door ashtrays? i figure that i could glue them on to the wood and it would give the VIV a lil more natural look, bu tthis is just an idea as of right now - havent really gotten to look in to it, yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom