Cross contamination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Hello all,

I brought home a lovely 6 month old beardie today from a student who could not take care of him. He has a swollen eye to which I applied saline during his bath. I believe this to be the result of at least 4 months under a Zilla coil and a red bulb used at night. I got the goo out of his eye with a saline soaked Q tip. He is now opening, it, but I believe he cannot see out of it. At least when he was hunting roaches, he did not use that eye even though it is now open. We have a vet appt. for Thursday, as they close early tomorrow.

My main concern is my 3 beardies here at home. They are currently under treatment for coccidia. I know how to prevent cross contamination with everything except my hands. (Stop laughing) Will a good scrub with anti-bacterial Soft Soap do the trick? I am out of vinegar and I hate to bleach my hands.

Thank you!!!
Esther

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you for taking me seriously, dear. I have been using a little betadine after the soap to be sure (what a pain!), but now I can leave out that step. Thanks again! E

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
you can always pick up disposable gloves. put them on after a thorough washing and you should be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom