Crickets under substrate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I noticed today a cricket going under the paper towel I use for substrate... I figure that can't be good. Any ideas on how to keep them out of there, besides taping it down.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
I had the same problem -- crix hiding under the ppr towels I'm using for substrate -- what I did was go out and get a big sterilite container, like an 18 gallon tupperware and start feeding her in that. No more stray crix in the viv :)

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
YUP! I agree with the above post....Feed him in a seperate container..no more sneaky crickets in his tank. :mrgreen:
Another benefit to that is ..sneaky crickets who hide really well in the tank and come out at night while your beardie is sleeping...WILL munch and bite on your beardie....soooooo this way you wont have that problem.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Totally off topic but....Jortiz9758..WHY in the world do you have a superworm as your avatar? :shock: :lol:

I just noticed it and I'm sure my fact did the :shock: :shock:

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I will try it this evening in a different container and clean out the paper towel to check for lost crickets... Guess I should have thought of that one earlier... Gini

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
Neromom39":5cc09 said:
Totally off topic but....Jortiz9758..WHY in the world do you have a superworm as your avatar? :shock: :lol:

I just noticed it and I'm sure my fact did the :shock: :shock:
I have 4 critters that I have to feed on a daily basis...I also have thousands of superworms that I feed, so I figured why not include them on here also...lol

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
jortiz9758":c8c3b said:
I have 4 critters that I have to feed on a daily basis...I also have thousands of superworms that I feed, so I figured why not include them on here also...lol
Do you talk to them too??

OK, I am done hijacking now :D :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom