Cricket problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
My parents have a ridex monitor in our house. It kills insects and rodents. As soon as I bring the crickets into the house they die and my baby won't eat them. I have to pick them up and put them in front of him for him to eat and sometimes he will ignore it. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't know that he can eat it because it's not moving? Is there anything I can do? Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
most beardies wont eat dead bugs, i guess you could try getting one of the food dishes that shake so they appear live. The monitor thing doesn't kill them by anymeans but sound right? if they are poisoned ofcourse you wouldn't want to feed them to your beardie.

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Right it just kills them with sound. Would it be possible for me to feed him something else that is just as good at crickets or anyway for me to hand feed him them? He is still just a baby right now.

ZeusAlmighty

Hatchling Member
Sure there is, unfortunatley the other feeders alternative for beardies are mostly live insects. Does this thing kill superworms or mealworms?

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't think it will kill worms.
Which will be better for him to eat, superworms or mealworms and how often should he have them?

ZeusAlmighty

Hatchling Member
Superworms are suppose to be a little easier to digest as they have less chitin. I raised Zeus with mealworms though and he never had a problem. Twice a day, give him as many as he can eat in 15 minutes. :D

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ZeusAlmighty":3qtm111u said:
Superworms are suppose to be a little easier to digest as they have less chitin. I raised Zeus with mealworms though and he never had a problem. Twice a day, give him as many as he can eat in 15 minutes. :D

I'm going to try them tomorrow since it's my day off so I can go around and get the best prices on them. :]
Thank you.

ZeusAlmighty

Hatchling Member
No problem! Ordering them in bulk online has solved most of my problems as I have gotten it down to a science now. :D Goodluck!

VerriKerri

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He seems to like them but won't eat a lot of them and I'm worried he isn't eating enough. Also, so many people are telling me I shouldn't be feeding him them because he's so young but he seems fine. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom