Cricket chow recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya all!!
I ordered 1000 crickets from my local petstore. I was wondering if anyone has cricket chow recipes for gutloading them?

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
I feed them a mixture of a few things..Fluker's orange cubes 2x a week,fruits and veggies every other day (apples,oranges,carrots,lettuce,potatoes) and a special mix that I also use for my dubia colony (actually originally for them xD ) that I got from Lance on here who sells the colonies. My crickets loveeeee it,and I feed that primarily.

People wonder why I take some much care into taking care of the crickets...the logic is simple. If you take care of your feeders,they will take care of your beardies :) The better gutloaded they are,the more they pass onto them,so I chose to feed them the best.! Just me though haha.! You can pretty much feed them anything..Hope this helps.!

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
ynevar":17cadgjd said:
I didn't click on that link but wondered about it. Seemed spamish.
l

my link is just to fluker's 16-Ounce Calcium Fortified Cricket Quencher on amazon. Not spam.

jovamabob

Hatchling Member
I have a jar lid full of bug gel for moisture (that crystal water stuff) in all the live food keepers which prevents drowning and I put in any left over greens or the commercial beardie food (i use it once a week as variety) from Hige onto another jar lid at night and clear them out the next evening when i put in the next lot. if i have any leftovers from cooking like bits of veg, stale bread and such, then i'll put that in there too. I use the pre-made cricket grub as a kind of edible substrate. I've yet to find a single dead one! (Though to be honest Hige will eat anything dropped in front of his nose so this wouldn't really stop him...)

I found that in pet store rabbit/rodent sections you can get dried flowers, dandelion leaves/flowers and other herb mixes for a few quid which although i doubt crickets will eat it, it makes them smell a whole lot better - like some kind of edible potpourri! I bought bag of dried dandelion since i was told dandelions fine for beardies and put some in with my crickets, dubia roaches and morio worm tubs and my room smells lovely now. I keep my live food tubs on top of Hige's viv above the heat fixture and since it gets warm it keeps the tanks warm too.

Whenever i clean the live food out i put them into another large plastic tub within hige's viv (it opens at the top so its nice and easy) and then hige 'stands guard' for any escapees as i clean the cricket keeper. He gets all excited since he knows theres food in there and then when im done i leave a few in the tub, dust them and let hige in the tub to chow down. When he's full he'll just jump out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom