Craigslist Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pet/2958409554.html

This kid is a want-to-be know-it-all. I wrote him asking him several questions about the dragon, and he wrote me back saying that this dragon was in excellent shape, it clearly isn't. Looks like one of his feet is bit off, and he's not looking very healthy. Poor guy. I hope he finds a good home soon.

clearlyjoyful

Hatchling Member
Awww, that poor baby! It does look like one of his feet is missing! That's gross, honestly. Not the foot thing, but the fact that this person is just so misinformed. The little guy looks so sad :(

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
I wish I lived there I would just trade him a leopard gecko for it cause I can get them for cheap that's really sad

gothra

Zeusmybeardie":35lm5qow said:
I wish I lived there I would just trade him a leopard gecko for it cause I can get them for cheap that's really sad

Why trade him a leopard gecko? Leos need love and care like beardies do, no matter the cost.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
No Leo's are a lot easier to care for don't eat as much don't need to be held as much they are easier and cheaper think about it a lot of time beardies are neglected and not cared for properly cause 1. They can chew threw your pocket very easily 2. They do require much more requirements it is true a Leo is one of the best starting reptiles if your not looking to spend that much money

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Good, about time! He'll have it posted again soon though. Next time I'll take a screen shot. The poor baby was in terrible shape though. UGH!

clearlyjoyful

Hatchling Member
Zeusmybeardie":2qtjg1b8 said:
No Leo's are a lot easier to care for don't eat as much don't need to be held as much they are easier and cheaper think about it a lot of time beardies are neglected and not cared for properly cause 1. They can chew threw your pocket very easily 2. They do require much more requirements it is true a Leo is one of the best starting reptiles if your not looking to spend that much money

I don't know if it was about the money. I think it was more or less they just weren't a good owner and didn't really care for their pet. It doesn't matter what you give him, he's going to neglect and abuse it. :(

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
But u can't prove that I gotta admit I beardie is more work then a gecko would be maybe he wasn't prepared for a beardie and he knows that so he finally saying I toke on to much I need a easier challenge

clearlyjoyful

Hatchling Member
Zeusmybeardie":24qc7atl said:
But u can't prove that I gotta admit I beardie is more work then a gecko would be maybe he wasn't prepared for a beardie and he knows that so he finally saying I toke on to much I need a easier challenge

I would much rather give them nothing and assume that they weren't going to take care of it because of how they acted on Craigslist, advertising an animal as if it were an unfeeling object than give him a Leopard Gecko and assume he wasn't going to do the same thing a month or two down the line. There's no proof, sure, but there's definitely cause for concern here.

gothra

clearlyjoyful":yuqca3j3 said:
Zeusmybeardie":yuqca3j3 said:

I would much rather give them nothing and assume that they weren't going to take care of it because of how they acted on Craigslist, advertising an animal as if it were an unfeeling object than give him a Leopard Gecko and assume he wasn't going to do the same thing a month or two down the line. There's no proof, sure, but there's definitely cause for concern here.

Agreed. I kept leos for years, and I had to say they are no easier to keep than bearded dragons. Leos are much less interactive and are more easily stressed. And when they are stressed, they can go off food for months. This makes them a less suitable pet for an enthusiatic kid who wants a cool pet to "play with". The main point is, we are talking about a living creature, not a lifeless toy. I didn't get to see the ad because its removed, but someone mentioned one of the arm is missing - well, that pretty much means the person is not suitable to own any pet, at the moment.

clearlyjoyful

Hatchling Member
Exactly, gothra. His leg was in fact missing, and I don't think he should be trading his bearded dragon for anything - he should be finding a MUCH more suitable home for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom