Coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortheLoveofLizzie

Hatchling Member
Ok so I need an intervention.

Lizzie is my about 2 yo rescued beardie who just "got over" an URI after a course of abx. Prior to that she had a similar URI earlier this year.
The symptoms are coughing. At least it looks like coughing to me.
I thought It might have something to do with humidity in the tank after this last one so I took out water bowl and have been keeping and eye on humidity which is bet 30-40% now.
I spray her daily with water for moisture. But about once a week or so I soak her for about 20 min in room temp water (or warmer). At this time she usually poops.

Having just gotten over URI I am concerned that she appeared to cough while in the bath today.

Do Beardies just cough on and off without it having to mean they are having a URI?

I am kind of feeling that perhaps it is not just the cough but the cough in context of how else she is doing...like....is she eating? pooping? acting normally? I don't want to jump everytime she coughs.

Having said that she coughed only 2-3 times and that is only time i have seen her do it since abx were done last week.

Additional Pertinent info:
Day temp about 90's with basking spot of 110, cool side about 80
Night time ceramic plate temps 80's
Eating well
Gaining weight nicely per vet visit two weeks ago
No bubbling from nose, no extra water at corners
Super sweet baby girl princess that loves people!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The coughing alone wouldn't concern me if she's acting well otherwise as you mentioned. Can you get a video of the coughing and post it? It doesn't necessarily mean a RI. She could just be breathing heavily or burping for some reason. If you check out her mouth when she opens it does it look healthy (no sores or swelling or obvious issues)?

FortheLoveofLizzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sweet. Will keep eye on her.
As a newbie mom I felt myself getting into a pattern of reflex uri/abx. Not going there. Her mouth is perfect. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom