Constant wall dancing leaving bruises. *Pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
My 4 month old will not stop wall dancing especially when there's people over. She's starting to have bruises and i don't know how to make her stop wall dancing. Heres some pics

88cc5a49.jpg

fd1188da.jpg

What do you guys think?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are there other dragons in the tank/room?

How big is the enclosure? Does he/she eat enough?

-Brandon

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Her brother is in the enclosure above her. They are both 120 gallons. She was eating fine before she started to shed.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nope she does it on both sides. One side is 75 at the bottom hot side is 85. Her basking spot is 102-103 never going above 103.5-104. I use an acu-rite probe to measure temps. There's just no reason for it but she does do it when someone is home. Whenever I walk in the door she's always on her tree on her cool side or on her basking rock. Is there any way I can get her to stop this?
Are the bruises that bad and can they cause any long term effects?

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
RowenJade":1m8z5hzo said:
Nope she does it on both sides. One side is 75 at the bottom hot side is 85. Her basking spot is 102-103 never going above 103.5-104. I use an acu-rite probe to measure temps. There's just no reason for it but she does do it when someone is home. Whenever I walk in the door she's always on her tree on her cool side or on her basking rock. Is there any way I can get her to stop this?
Are the bruises that bad and can they cause any long term effects?

Hmmm...I'm not sure why she does that then. Could you try covering the sides of the enclosure that she does this at? Get some construction paper or something and tape it up there? One of my females (who is about 6 months now) glass dances on one end of the cage but it isn't too often...

Another idea is maybe move around some of her furniture in there so it's harder for her to get to her popular glass dancing spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom