Collecting faecal matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
So if u cant move the basking spot any, try raising the light away some more. Raise it another 2" or so away from the basking spot and see what that gets you.

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
You could try moving the light to the left or right, no more than 2" so it's not shining down directly on her but is still over top of her. I have done this and it's worked fine. You could also try a low watt flood light. I think they make 30 or 40 watt, but the smaller watt flood will be smaller than a normal house bulb and not put off as much heat. I have also used a clear round bulb like you would put above bathroom mirror and have noticed they are not quite as hot. A 40 watt of them won't be as hot as a 40 house bulb. There are so many sizes ad shaped bulbs that if you play around you will find the right one.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
There is also a dimmer switch or rheostat you could purchase and just dim the light a little bit to get the right temp.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Exactly what type of bulb are you using for a basking bulb?

Could you post a few pic's of you set up?

I use Phillip's brand flood bulbs as basking bulbs. They come in many more sizes and wattage's making it easier to get proper temps.

Nathan1995

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm using prorep 40/60 watt bulbs.
Today I discovered that weather affects the temps drasitcally! With the 60watt bulb I'm only getting a basking spot of around 98F now. Is that high enough? If not I'll look into this flood light idea for definate.

I just got back from the vet, and after explaining everything he gave her a check over, and everythings all good. I've given him a faecal sample and he's gona get back to me with the float results tomorrow. So I'll let you guys know.

She seems better today with her lower temperatures, I found her sleeping, but not in the corner as normal, and she had pooped on her log, so I assume she was basking mid day while I was at school. She just ate her crickets as soon as I gave her them so i'm hoping things are on the up.

These are some pictures of her set up taken right after the vet visit:
DSC_0856.jpg

The spare lamp holder is from when I thought she needed 2 bulbs! Stupid mee
DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

Thanks for everyones help and in put :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom