Check out this treasure from Goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
$10.

It's getting converted into a viv. Extreme makeover: Vivarium Edition like. lol Well I'm going to install a hinged screen top into it and some cross venting perhaps. Restaining it for sure. But I was SO HAPPY to find it!

tank_prework061811.jpg

Also found a nice scale for weighing envelopes for cheap. So I'll get to weigh them all tonight. :)

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
You definately have to post pics when that is done! Such a steal for $10.00! That is going to trick out into the best viv of all time!

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well at this point I'm waiting on another paycheck before I can go and get more tile and other supplies. So in the mean time I've gone ahead and fixed some lights in and moved in furniture until the time comes to do the cutting and stuff. Rather than hang the basking light inside the enclosure like it is now (which they seem to thoroughly enjoy) I'm going to cut a rectangle above their bask area and install a 5 gallon terrarium lid as a screen/tray for a light to rest on top. There are two fixtures for uvb tubes but only one is in use right now. The tank that I moved the boys out of is now prepped for the arrival of our new baby dragon (wife insists his name will be Buddy). I'll update this as the changes come. ALSO I acquired a larger viv for free off of CL. I've included a pic of it also and I expect to start upgrading it around the same time as I'm working on the low pro.

rocko_jericho062011_01.jpg

buddy_tank062011.jpg

largeviv.jpg

(I can hear the shrieks now. It's not permanent. We're just doing some rearranging)

So the idea is that we are trying to do away with the appearance of a pet store with aquariums lined up everywhere and trying to incorporate some pieces that actually look like furniture that is supposed to be there. The larger viv in the 3rd picture is going to get at least one, but probably two shelves. I also foresee one more climbing branch and another uvb tube. It was in great condition for being a CL freebie though. I couldn't walk away from that one. The window is plexiglass and the bottom has full potential to be converted into another apartment. Just needs windows instead of those white panels. As you can see I have my summer work cut out for me. :blob5: :blob8:

Another note... Those two ballasts for the 18" tubes in the top picture cost me $3 each at the thrift store. Apparently black lights went out of style lol.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
no no, it was a free listing on Craigslist. I only furnish the inside and make plans for what it will eventually become.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
umm. I'm not sure how to answer that question. Are you asking what to search CL for to find it or are you asking what I think it closest resembles when I refer to it as a piece of furniture?

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
thegreybush":3m3h0ndt said:
umm. I'm not sure how to answer that question. Are you asking what to search CL for to find it or are you asking what I think it closest resembles when I refer to it as a piece of furniture?

Been searching CL for a while looking for something that resembles that.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
you know what? I do a daily search on the word "reptile" and it pulls up every enclosure related. That's been the best keyword to search when finding custom enclosures. The fact that it was free was one in a thousand. Most custom enclosures run around $100-200.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
Original Poster
tank_prework062411.jpg

step one. screen top/dome light tray. done. will be looking for something to trim around the hole.
(no I did NOT hot glue it in there. Staple gun. that was for something else.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom