Charlie - update 5/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, i had a thread for Charlie on here when I first started in September, but i haven't updated it in almost 4 months :/ So I guess I'll just start a new one for him. Charlie's first week with me :
PA100139.jpg

PA100157.jpg

P9260114.jpg

P9250105.jpg

P9240100-2.jpg

P9250106.jpg

P9260118.jpg

I miss those wittle baby sexy legs :/

First shed :
SSPX0062.jpg

SSPX0063.jpg

PA260200.jpg

Funny sleeping spots :
PA100160.jpg

P9280119.jpg

PA260172.jpg

PB290033.jpg

Basking :
PB280006.jpg

PB300036.jpg

PB290030.jpg

P1160214.jpg

PB280010.jpg

PA250191.jpg

So, that's Charlie for now. I have tons more pictures but I don't wanna overload haha. He is almost 21" inches now and around 485g. I think he is a normal, but when he gets really happy he turns super light, the spikes on his head turn orange, and his body is yellowish, so i don't know really. I got him from the pet store at 11" on September 22. I decided His first birthday will be on Saturday, April 24. We've been battling Coccidia for over a month, but I think it's finally over! He hasn't eaten bugs in well over a month, been on a baby food diet. So I'm hoping he'll start accepting bugs again :) Thanks for looking & I'll try to keep this thread updated, unlike others.... :twisted: :lol:

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, Jodi :D I'm a little biased but i think he is pretty cute myself! Charlie has decided it's hormone time and is bobbing around and ruining his tank. It's funny, but exhausting having to put the paper towels and food bowl and everything else in his tank back in place every hour!! :lol:

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Forgot to mention, Charlie's 11 month bday was on the 24th :oops: ooopss, happy almost first birthday, char!

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No big news about Charlie, he's just being cute 24/7 :) He woke up with a blackbeard yesterday (yay spring!) and he is shedding on the front half of his face, it's gray on the top part and he kind of looks like an old man :lol: i'll try to get a picture of it. Hope everyone has a good day!

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just got back inside after almost being attacked by a freaking hawk! Charlie and I were out on the swing, and i heard some birds making noises, just some robins though. 15 minutes later Charlie puffs up so big and starts hissing, I look up, and I see a hawk about to pounce on us! I've never seen a hawk here, ever! I grabbed Charlie, put him under my shirt, and hauled butt into the garage, and right as I started running, the hawk started freaking flying in our direction! Sooooo scary, oh my gosh. I heard about the one guy whose beardie got taken by a hawk and I'm always verrryyy cautious and alert when I have Charlie out, just to be safe. Never though this would happen to me though. We got so lucky. :/

myzeak

Hatchling Member
Right across the street from me there is a nest of them so i have to be realy carful but them. At least he warned you it was comming

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks a lot guys, i would post more but it seems like no one really comes on this thread so i don't see the point haha

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Glad you & Charlie got away! My husband spotted one yesterday when we were at mom's house. We haven't ventured out with Luther yet (he's only 7 weeks old). Love the pictures you share! 8)

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like you had a scary encounter there. Glad you guys made it inside safely.

Charlie's very cute. I love the hammock pics. I have the same problem with Dewey's hammock. Everytime I go to clean his cage that same corner falls. :roll:

Please do keep posting pics. I would like to see some more. :)

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Charlie is a cutie and I love the blackbeard n chest! Too funny. We have red tail hawks overhead all the time here and I try to keep a close eye on them when we are outside but I never thought they would do anything w/me there but after what u went thru, I'll be a lot more vigilant now.

U can NEVER post too many pics. Charlie is adorable and I will be checking back frequently for updates!!! :D

Jane

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know! That stupid hammock makes me so mad haha. Sometimes he is not even on it and that dang corner will fall off! Grrrr. Charlie actually shed a bit of his head yesterday/today. He hasn't shed in a few months :/ I miss him being wittle and shedding all the time haha.
P3230094.jpg

P3230104.jpg

my nephew being a goober wif charlie haha.
P3230105.jpg

P3230106.jpg

:D my two favorite boys.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Oh my gosh, that experience with the hawk must have been terrifying. I am so paranoid about hawks! I'm glad you and Charlie got inside safely.

Your nephew is adorable. I love pics of little kids and beardies! :love5:

Bellalee

Juvie Member
Those pictures of Charlie with your nephew are priceless! I love the look on his face.. He must be very animated.

Glad you are safe from the hawk.. :)

And btw about your thread, I feel the same way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom