Chaos *6/29 Bath Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how many people will read/look at this, but after seeing how people use just 1 thread for all their beardie pics I decided to steal the idea and use it too. :p Seems to me life will be much easier.

I was going thru pics and I can't believe how much my little Chaos has grown and changed since I got him n May, he was 6ish weeks old then....
100_0787-1.jpg

And just today....
100_1429.jpg

He doesn't even look like the same beardie that I brought home. I had no idea when I bought him that he would grow so quiclky or change so drastically.

He has posed for numerous pictures since I brought him home. Some taken by me....
100_0886.jpg

100_0894.jpg

And some taken by my daughter....
100_0909.jpg

100_0926.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Jen! Are you enjoying the wonderful heat and humidity of Florida yet? :lol: If not, you will get used to it eventually.
How is your mom doing? How are you holding up?
I loved the pics of your dogs, they are absolutely adorable!
So are you going to try and get a glimpse of Obama today? I just heard all the sirens down the hwy a while ago. The secret service insisted on having a portion of hwy 98 to be closed, while the president visits the beach today. WTH!!! Since when do they close down a major hwy for 3 hrs, due to the presidents motorcade?! Yes, I am ranting, LOL. I was supposed to go out to NAS today at noon, but will have to go much later in the day. Obama is to be at NAS and won't be flying out until 12:15. Geez, why does the darn president have to come here and disrupt my life, LOL
Don't get me wrong... I have nothing against the president( :roll: ) as long as he has some sort of plan worked out for this oil problem, hehe... wishful thinking!
Oops! I almost forgot to mention... I don't really know any vets in the P'cola area, just the ones out here in Gulf Breeze. Wish I could have been more help to ya.

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey Dawn! The heat and humidity here are great! (yea right) The whole president thing is a pain. My hubby works on NAS Pensacola, and has been given the job of rounding up all the students who will get to meet him today. So, it's a big cluster. It always is when the president comes, but whatever. It's OK about the vets, I've been looking into that this morning. Moms doing well, she starts her treatment in a few weeks so we will see what happens. I'm good. It sucks and I think about it alot, but it helps that I'm far away, it's more like a bad dream. I hate that she doesn't want me there, but I think it's because of my kids. We are starting to settle in and learn our way around. The kids have each made 1 friend, it doesn't seem that my neighborhood is all that friendly. They would rather stand there and stare at us than say hi. (Hopefully you don't know any of them :oops: ) Hey, you know this area really well, how do you think an Exotic Pet sitter would go over? I've thought about placing a blurb on Craigslist to offer pet sitting services to those who have reptiles and other pets besides the normal cats and dogs. Of course I will be cautiuos and not do anything without the hubby. :wink: But what do you think? I've got to find something to do. We are going nuts here. I wanted to get a job when school starts too, but I could only work 10-2 and I'm not so sure anyone would hire me! UGH, it's going to be a long summer!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":1a8qcc3c said:
Hey Jen! Were you able to get Chaos and Lucky outside today?? I really wish that it stayed as warm as this passed weekend so that I could get mine out more often but it's already cooled down a bit...

We didn't get anyone out yesterday, my thermometer was reading 104* in the shade! This hot FL weather is nuts!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey Jen! I think the exoctic pet sitting idea is wonderful! Try it out on Craigslist and see what kind of response you get. It's worth a try!
That's great that your kids have made friend's. Sorry your neighbors aren't so friendly. BTW... I'm sure I don't know them... I don't associate with the UNfriendly! :wink:
Looking forward to talking to you soon!

STAY OUT OF THE HEAT!!! 8)

fez09

Extreme Poster
Good idea about Exotic Pet Sitting! Let us know what kind of response you get! The Reptile shop here only charges $5.00 per day for Beardie Boarding but I wouldn't do that just because of the risk, they put them on display right alongside all of the For Sale animals!!! We're supposed to have a nice day tomorrow so I'm hoping to get everyone outside again...Hope it cools down a little for you so that Chaos can enjoy the sun. How is he doing in the sunroom?? What do you think of the MVB? I am trying to decide if I want to get one for a basking area in my office...What brand is yours??

P.S. more big news on my thread!!!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I weighted and measured Chaos.... he is now 570 grams :shock: and 19.5ish inches. It's always hard to get a good length on him. As soon as I get the tape measure out he gets the wiggles! :roll:

Question about feeding... Chaos is roughly 14ish months old. He can put down 15-20 supers everyday, easy. When do I start to back off? He has never been a big veggie/green eater, but now I'm lucky if he takes a bite or 2 every few days. Am I giving him too many feeders?

Katrina---I love my MVBs! I have both a MegaRay and a Powersun right now. I also had a T-Rex Active Heat. If I had to rank them I would say that the T-Rex is my fav and the MegaRay is my least fav. With the 100 watt T-Rex the temps were always right on. With the 100 watt MegaRay I had to add an extra light bulb for heat, but was afraid to go up to the next wattage for fear that things would be too hot. And the Powersun I use in the sunroom, so I've only had it a few weeks, but it seems to be working just fine so far. Chaos loves the sunroom. He gets about 2 hours in his viv first thing in the morning and then he has run of the sunroom until he eats his dinner. I like him in his cage after dinner that way I know he is basking and digesting and not running around head bobbing everything. He's a crazy boy when he's out and spends most of the time running from one end of the room to the other and back again.

Heres a quick pic I snapped yesterday...
100_2329.jpg

He has such a pretty orange beard!

fez09

Extreme Poster
That is a great pic of him, his colors are just gorgeous and he looks so happy!! I would so love to have a room with hard wood or tile floors...I had a Powersun 160 when I first got Fez last year and it was hard on her eyes after the first week so I've only used ReptiSun's since but for a basking platform I'm sure it would be fine because each dragon would only get to use it for an hour a day (if that!) 570 grams, that's 100 grams heavier than Mojo, although once he gets rid of these nasty ol pinworms I'm sure he'll be eating more again!! I think 18 months is when they say to back off the live feeders a bit (I could be wrong) do you only offer salad in the morning?? That's how I got Mo and Fez to start eating greens...I didn't feed them bugs til later in the day...

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":2bhlnwk2 said:
That is a great pic of him, his colors are just gorgeous and he looks so happy!! I would so love to have a room with hard wood or tile floors...I had a Powersun 160 when I first got Fez last year and it was hard on her eyes after the first week so I've only used ReptiSun's since but for a basking platform I'm sure it would be fine because each dragon would only get to use it for an hour a day (if that!) 570 grams, that's 100 grams heavier than Mojo, although once he gets rid of these nasty ol pinworms I'm sure he'll be eating more again!! I think 18 months is when they say to back off the live feeders a bit (I could be wrong) do you only offer salad in the morning?? That's how I got Mo and Fez to start eating greens...I didn't feed them bugs til later in the day...

Oh, I hope that Chaos will be OK with the Powersun... :( See, I thought it was 18 months too, so I feel better now. Chaos gets green in the late mornng at about 10am or so and then he gets his feeders between 4-5pm. I think he is just a picky a** honestly. What I wouldn't give for one that actually ate the veggies. I get tired of throwing them away! :angry5: I didn't realize Mojo had pinworms, I guess I missed that :oops: I bet he will be eating good too after you get that all cleared up. Hey, what kind of roaches are you feeding? Just the dubia or something else?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hey Jen~ Haven't seen you on in a few days...just saying hi! Is Chaos still enjoying his PowerSun? BTW the one I had problems with was the PowerSun 160, I think the 100's had less problems...

my baby was shipped today!!!!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Our internet has been acting up, that's why I've not been on too much. :angry5: They came and replaced the line from the street to the house and that helped for a few days, but now I think we have to have them come back and replace the line inside from the attic to the office. (even more :angry5: :banghead: :angry5: ) I hate having strange people in my house poking around my stuff.

Choas is great! He loves his room, and his Powersun. I have been keeping an eye on his eyes and all is well so far. He is basking a lot and running a lot. His poops look good so I know that he is basking enough. He hasn't even been in his cage for over a week now.

We are now a pink-free house! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: They came an installed the last of the new carpet yesterday! :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: I'm just a little exicited about it. :p

My mom starts her chemo/radiation on Monday.

Oh, Lucky the turtle is doing wonderful. She loves wax worms and supers (the little ones). Yesterday she was a pig and ate 3 wax worms and 5 supers. She also loves to chow down on nightcrawlers and red wigglers. She is doing so good. Now I just have to get her a bigger bin.

I am in the process of starting to breed supers. I am so tired of paying for them, when with a little time I can breed them pretty easy. (I think) I isolated 30 worms on Monday and some are already going into that "C" shape right before the pupate. (Crossing fingers and toes)

Hopefully the computer will work enough today that I can upload some photos, but I'm not holding my breath!

fez09

Extreme Poster
Sorry about your internet, we had problems a month or so ago and it was very irritating!!
That's great that Chaos is a free man (uh, I mean Dragon) I can just picture him running around the whole room!! He's a very lucky guy!!
Congrats on the pink-free house!! I'm sending prayers for your Mama for strength, comfort and a super quick recovery!
Lucky sounds like she eats alot more than Grimm, I've only seen her eat some micro mealies....She's such a shy girl though...
Good luck with the supers, I have thought about doing that but just haven't committed yet...let me know how it goes. Having 6 beardies, supers can get pretty spendy especially considering that I already spend over $50.00 per month on hornworms!!!

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Decided it was time to post a few new pics of Chaos. I also weighed and measured him. He is 580 grams and 20 inches. Since he is 15ish months old I am wondering if he is about done growing... Anyway, here are pics from a few minutes ago.
100_2406.jpg

100_2408.jpg

100_2410.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom