changing tanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
i have a pregnant female (pink)male (red)

the male is 1 year and very active love to hunt crickets

the female who seems like she is 7 or 8 but is also around a year...i am guessing 2 and a hal years old her old owner said she was a year though.
all she does is sit on her log.....beside the light and someotimes gets up for salad and food ....so she uses about 2 feet of her tank on a good day.

her tank is about 5 feet long but she only uses about a foot of it to bask....and sometime get to 2 feet if she gets up for salad or food.

my male is in a 3 foot long tank and i was thinking about switching them.....i know red would be fine with it but what about pink and babys i would make the tank the exact same as her biger one..

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Just to clarify first, you are not going to keep her hatchlings in with her are you?

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
noooo....ive done more research then that....i was think if she had alot the i would block of half her tank and put a couple ther but chances are i wont do that because i have lots of space for them....and if i need more ill use a rubber maid thing.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Beardies are creatures of habit and don't like their houses changed at all. Red probably wouldn't have much to complain about as he would get the bigger one. But poor Pink would be the one getting the short end of the stick I don't think she would be to happy about it even if she doesn't seem to use alot of her enclosure. It sounds like you plan on breeding so do keep in mind that when it gets close to time to lay eggs Pink will use her entire enclosure when the panicing glass dancing begins.

It always best to avoid changes with beardies when you can. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom