Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As far as I am aware, that site I linked you to is the only site for Arcadias in America.

-Brandon

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
One question lol... Do beardies learn a sleeping schedule? He's been going in his cave, tearing up the paper towel and then falls asleep around 10-11 every night. It's new he used to sleep on his bridge but since the new tank. He's been in his cave at a certain time. It's so weird.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1xvoskr1 said:
Sure, just like humans they are on a schedule :D

-Brandon

Nice! Livia isn't quite there yet. She normally sleeps on him when we turn the light off. But as long as its on she's up and playing.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh I didn't know you were housing two dragons together.

...Or did we already go over this lol? (sorry I tend to be forgetful haha)

-Brandon

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":15podnt7 said:
Oh I didn't know you were housing two dragons together.

...Or did we already go over this lol? (sorry I tend to be forgetful haha)

-Brandon

Yeah I house two. They are both the same age around about. They won't be staying together in a 40 breeder for long.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm either going to get a tank to fit both or do two separates but I hate the day to split them she's pretty close to Draven.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":s8kzvnru said:
Hi there,

I definitely recommend splitting them up sooner than later.

Beardies do not like living together. They are extremely territorial creatures. One will always try to dominate the other.

Here is a thread you should check out on the dangers of cohabitation.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

-Brandon

Thanks! He waves to her and us all the time I assume he's telling her he's boss. But she follows him around crawls on him, sleeps on him. He only waves to us if we change something or after bath I often wondered why he only does it to us at those times.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We have a gecko that needed his own space away from the other leo's, so we went to Petco which is 30 minutes away, they don't usually have great stuff which is why I avoid them on reptile products other than for UTH. Well just my luck, they had ONE zoo med Reptisun 10.0 on sale with their pet pals rewards. I'm glad I needed an UTH for the gecko lol...

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2lsiz1hg said:
That is great news! I can never find reptisuns at petco! lol

-Brandon

I didn't think they sold them either!! I'm glad they did, saved me shipping cost, and it was on sale.

And Draven is doing much better since adding more heat. He's back to his usual self now. I will keep that in mind next time I do a tank change, I was using the same heat as I was for a 10 gallon, and obviously a 40 breeder has more space to fill for heat, but I didn't think about that at the time when I made his changes. But i'm glad thats all his issue was.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
silverado991":2nfhhwn0 said:
i also have a new dragon that i just got in a week ago that is a pain in the butt times 10 but its his second week i think and hes starting to do things for himself before i had to force him to bask and relocate him a bit now if i can get his nails trimmed so it doesent look like im "harming myself" it would be great hate getting looks im public like what the heck is wrong with his wrists and the whole "its my lizard" excuse apparantly is not believable

I know what you mean, I know you can trim them... But it's hard when they are little. Mine have sharp nails too waiting until mine gets bigger to trim theirs. I try to keep them away from clawing me lol. Livia will stay on my shirt... Draven is the flighty one.

garner84

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can't keep up with them!! One minute they seem happy... and alert... couple hours later I see them just sitting there... and they sat in the same place for a few hours.. Liva by the water.. she was propped up on the rock. He was just laying there on the bottome of the cage. I spritzed them with water, I thought they might been a tad too hot (we did put 2 100w bulbs and 1 40w on the side... to raise the temp.. it's 100ish in there) and put food in... they moved for the food.. but didn't eat it.. Draven just now went after his crickets. I read that they should be alert all the time, but it seems I have two lazy little beardies... alert one minute, and lazy the next! Makes me worried!! lol... beardies are not easy at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom