Chance's Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
BonesMommy1011":6di6zz9d said:
Thanks Laura. I still cry too. I filled out his memory book the other day and bawled while doing so. I miss his cute little face rubs and those sweet eyes. And his little body wrapped around my neck. I'd give anything to have him back but I can't.

I know. My heart broke that morning when I was following your story on FB. I cried too. I loved that guy and was pulling for him so hard! RIP Chance, you were loved by so many more people than you know.

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I've seen a photo of Chance on our rescue page so I thought I'd look to see if his rescue was posted here to read.
I'm sobbing so hard I can hardly see to type. You are an amazing and wonderful rescuer! You were his hero. I know
you gave Chance the best home and care and love he ever had! I believe our beardies know we love them and
know we're helping them when they are sick. I believe when Chance crawled up and cuddled on your neck that day
he was telling you how much he loved you too! Part of him will always be with you in your heart.
I'm so very sorry about your beautiful boy Chance.
Amanda

Wow,
I am so sorry, that is really intense. Losing an animal companion is never easy, especially when they are sick and you work so hard to nurse them back to health. You tend to put a lot of hope into their recovery. When they show signs of getting better that almost makes the loss worse. I feel for you and wish the best. Hopefully your story and photos will help others to safe their reptile friends when similar syptoms arise. Chances illness and passing may save others in the long run. Hopefully that knowledge makes it easier.

My best

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry, I know how much it hurts to loose a beardie. They are such loving creatures and yours was one of the best. He did love you and said goodby the best way he knew how. His loss will hurt for awhile but you will remember the good times.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
You gave him a good life at the end, and he died loved with food in his belly and medicine for his owies. You did everything you could. We understand, and we are rooting for you and all of your rescues!

MIKY

omg im so sorry for your loss, ive got a male beardie ive had for alil over a yr now and had him since he was a baby at petsmart... ive done everything to spoil my kiddo.... spent about $400+ on his set-up and rarely feed him freeze dried crickets/worms.... always gut load the crickets and even take him on outings to wally to go grocery shopping and walks in the park (always on my shoulder and never leaves).... im 29yrs old and even i just cried over you story :( im am so truly sorry for this, just know he is in a pain free place and he loves you <3 keep up the good work bro

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I still cry just thinking about. Like now, my eyes just teared up. My universe will never be the same. I'm glad he came!
I'm gonna get him tattooed on my bicep.( I'm such a girlie girl!! Lol) with those lyrics underneath him.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Aww, I just read this whole thread..that is so sad.
I'm sorry Chance didn't live too long but he tried, bless
his heart. I cried, I can't imagine mine dying...it's
just too painful.

Get well soon.
*hugs*

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
My god those people who had him before let that happen! I understand how hard it could be to lose a pet, I think we all can! There more than just some lizard in a cage there are children in some cases the happiest thing to ever happen to you. I cried after reading this my father killed my cat. Seeing animal abuse starts a very dark fire in my heart. You're a hero! I probably would have reacted far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom