Caterpillars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellie2

Hatchling Member
I want to try something new for my beardie, and I saw an ad in a reptile magazine for canned caterpillars from Zoo Med.
I haven't been able to find much on the subject of feeding them to beardies, though I did find a website with a couple of pictures of a beardie eating some:

2.jpg

3.jpg

These reassured me since the beardie seems to be enjoying them, but I just want some opinions on the matter. I would just feed him the canned ones, like the ones in the picture.
Thanks.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I personally prefer the live feed. I would not eat anything freeze dried myself so I would not give it to my beardie.
You can feed your worms healthy foods and this way you are ensured your beardie is getting the vitamins he needs.
Any particular reason why you were considering the canned bugs? What live feed are you giving him now?

Rellie2

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just thought he might like a bit of variety in his diet, something new to try.
For live feed, superworms, he doesn't like crickets. About eight worms a day, and then some fruits and veggies.
He adores super worms and anything that looks or moves like them, and caterpillars are much smaller but they might have a different taste for him.
I haven't fed him anything freeze-dried before, he seems to like live and wriggling things more.
I have fed freeze-dried worms and crickets to beardies in the past, they seemed to like them.

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I say if he likes his live feed you continue with those. Those canned caterpillars I have tried also and mine didnt like the dead stuff....I guess give it a shot and see how it goes...If you do get them keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom