Can someone give me a healthy Beardie diet schedule??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is 8 months old. I'm still not exactly sure if i should be feeding him juvinile or adult food. You tell me. I was wondering...

-What fruits to feed him.

-What vegitables to feed him.

-What good snacks to feed him.

-How many crickets to feed him. Daily?

It would be great if someone could give me a weekly schedule on what to feed him daily. Thankyou!! :)

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
This is a link to a GREAT chart that tells you exactly what is good to feed dragons and what is NOT. It's color coded and the green items are good for daily feeding.

I don't use the "juvenile or adult" pellet food at all- my beardies don't like them. At 8 months old, your dragon can be eating half insects and half veggies, or slightly more veggies than insects. So:

Every morning- a salad. Check the website I mentioned for good staple veggies. He doesn't need fruits at all. You can just leave the salad in there all day until it gets wilted or eaten.
Every afternoon- as many crickets or silkworms or whatever insect you feed as he will eat in 2-3 minutes. The website has some good insects on it too, but not many. Dubia roaches, crickets, silkworms, horn worms, etc are really good, but not mealworms or superworms.

Dust the crickets with calcium once a day and with multi-vitamins 5 times a week. Good luck!!

RachelChristene

Original Poster
His whole life i've been feeding him strictly this diet which i don't think is the best one..
-dry food pellets
-freezer dried meal worms (i mixed it in with his dry food. He seems to really like them)
-Crickets
-Lettuce

Jess

Extreme Poster
How big is he? You can use supers after they are about 15-16" long... They have alot of protein and are a little fattier than crickets, but alot more nutritional than mealworms. Great for growing beardies, IMO. :)

I would stop with the freeze dried mealies and the lettuce though. Those are OK as treats/occasional food, but he shouldnt be having those every day.
I agree with DragonsNDoodles feeding schedule, except I would do Calcium 5X a week, and Vite 2X a week instead. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom