!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUY THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiblood

Hey, where can I buy things online,
For example,

Crickets - Maggots - Caterpillars
where can I find silkworms? and can I even get horn worms at all?

None of my local pet shops or even bait and tackle shops DON'T carry anything except crickets and red
worms, (Pet stores carry meal worms and recommend them but I won't feed my bearded more than 1 a wk since they're not good for him) and my beardie doesn't like red worms / won't eat them

I know I can get phoenix worms @ phoenixworms.com
I'd really like to give him a variety of insects to NOM NOM NOM on (he hates salads still and will only eat them if I starve him @ b-fast which I won't do b/c he's still a juvenile)

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldn't recommend buying anything from a bait shop - they are bred specifically to be used as bait and will probably not contain all the right nutrients. If you are in the States, I believe the site for hornworms is Greatlakeshornworm.com. They also do superworms. You can get silkworms from Mulberryfarms.com. Silkworms and hornworms are very good feeder insects as they are soft bodies. Saying that, the pictures of the hornworms I have seen are HUGE so I wouldn't recommend them if your beardie is a baby. Small silkworms and phoenix worms are great staple insects so I would stick to these until your beardie is a bit bigger :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom