Butterworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercat

Lets talk about these worms. As Phoenix worms are mostly too small for juvie dragons. It seems to me these are the upgrade for them based on calcium levels. I think I made a mistake in buying PW for my guy. So am looking for a another food source with good Calcium. Whats everyone opions on butterworms?

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
They're an excellent source of calcium and are one of the best feeders. I used to feed my beardie butters because they were ridiculously easy to store and he went bonkers over them.

Remember, a varied diet is best, but as a primary feeder butterworms are as good as you get. (in my opinion) :mrgreen:

cybercat

Original Poster
That is good to know. My guy just will not eat many PW at once so I need a better feeder. How are these kept? Since I have to order in from CA I want a good supply. If he does not like them I know my chickens will eat them. :p

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I was wondering...your juvie won't eat large BSFL? Mine are great with eating the large Repti-worms! They all do love butters, though.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can keep butterworms in the refrigerator for quite a long time.

Only downside to them is they are expensive.

-Brandon

cybercat

Original Poster
It is the med size PW he is not eating. When he does I is only two. I just bought crickets adults and he ate 5 right off the bat. PW he crapped out look whole. So I am guessing they are too small for his size.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Butterworms are a great feeders, I feed them to all my dragons. As stated by Brandon they keep in the fridge for a long time (2-4 months). They are high in calcium and low in fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom