Bubbler in a water dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Has anyone tried putting a water dish in the beardie's viv with a fish tank bubbler in it, so that the water is "moving" and gets their attention?

Since I've been working all day everyday, I haven't been able to bathe Dudley as much as I want to. :( I gave him a bath the other day, and he got really excited and gulped down a TON of water. I think he drank it way too fast, because he started coughing/hiccuping immediately after drinking it and that really scared me... I thought he was going to choke on the water, and he still had a beard full of water that he was "saving" for later.

I've tried giving him a water dish plenty of times before, but he won't go near it. I've seen videos of beardies drinking out of waterfalls, so that's what I'm thinking the whole bubbler thing might catch their attention. I'm aware it would raise the humidity, but I have freakishly low humidity here to start with and I have a screen door on Dud's tank for good ventilation.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds good to me. Our house humidity is so high that Nim's cage is forty all the time. So I don't do water dishes. I don't think the reason why beardies don't drink from standing water because they don't recognize it. They may think that standing water harbors bacteria. So if it is moving they know it is safe to eat. (A theory my brother thought of. And it makes sense.) Hope this helps! :D

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
that is actually a good idea.

Mr Dargon drinks from the bath all the time and Tasty Treat attacks anything that moves, so they might actually be interested in the moving water in the dish.

I'll have to look into a cheap one and try it out.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
I used to do that. I had a small airstone, but she kept knocking it out. She goes into her pool well enough now anyways =)

Mariah94

Juvie Member
I would only do this if you think the humidity will not be affected. I have bubbler pools in my hermit crab tank specifically to raise the humidity.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
I thought about this as well after seeing this video on Youtube http://youtu.be/7fYzLhR_jKQ.

A waterfall like in the video is a bit big and probably would raise too much humidity, but a water dish with a bubbler could work. With a timer to turn on automatically for half an hour each day.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Wouldn't it be something if moving water was the answer to getting them to drink? Wow. Then dragons prone to hard poppies or dehydration wouldn't have to be bathed every singe day or so.

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
It might work. You might have to install a small computer fan near the bowl to lower humidity. If you have a dehydrated dragon I recommend offering water out of a syringe. Mine laps it right out and it is a great bonding experience and she has calmed down so much since I started doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom