brumating

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeda123

Is it unusual for a dragon to brumate 4 months. We rescued Pebbles a year ago last Oct. She was not in that great of shape when we picked her up. The cage she was in (between to snakes)was filthy. We had to soak her in the tub to get the crap (no better word) off of her. She had worms which she was treated for twice. She was about 8 months old when we got her and weighed 115 g. She did not brumate last winter. But in October of this past year she crawled into her cage and has only come out a half dozen times on her own. She hasn't eaten but she hasn't lost any weight--she now weighs 325g. Is this unusual? She's in a home made cage that is 45"w x 16"d x 27"h with a repti-sun 10.0, 36" long, 75w basking light on one end (reaches 95-105 degrees) other end is about 75 to 80 degrees. We have gotten her out at least once a week to soak her in the tub so that she won't get dehydrated. Should I be worried?...Dee

deeda123

Original Poster
Cold; Yes! but not like the mid west now. 60 to 70 degrees outside during the day and 35 to 45 degrees at night. Pebbles is rescue number 2. Our "Puff Dragon" is about 4 years old. We have noticed that both Dragons react to weather changes before the weather person on TV notes a change in the weather. Example: About 1 or 2 days before rain they head for their hide spot early in the afternoon and go to sleep. When the front passes they typically will be up early and active for 10 to 12 hours. Certainly, we understand a Dragons natural response to weather changes, but Pebbles has been brumating since October and my main concern is the NOT eating, worms don't even tempt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom