Breathing concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Mocha's been with us for about five years. She's always made little "pop" noises, and the vet's not been concerned - it's normal for her. She's also a terrible one for infertile gravid-ity (it's a word now) - usually four clutches a year, between 18 and 22 a time, despite her being a petite little lady at the best of times.

Anyway, she's been puffing, flapping and clicking a bit more than usual, and has a heavy belly on her. She did the odd bit of furkling around a few weeks back, but didn't get down to digging in the box - she's a sod for changing her mind and getting round to it later, so again, that's not been a concern. It's been a bit longer than usual though, this time.

She's been consistently in good tempers, there's no grumpiness or greyness to her beard, and her appetite is as good as ever - she's off her greens, but again, that's not particularly unusual for Mocha; she's still yomming on any locusts or grubs that are presented to her with joyful abandon.

I don't know - there's just not something quite right. She's happy enough to all intents and purposes, but something's bothering me, if not her.

Eh. I'll send her in to the vets if I can get a space on Friday.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hmmmm.....it's good to know when a pet seems" off" and if you have a trusted vet like you do then taking her in will ease your mind. Beardies are world champion egg layers though, that's for sure. Such amazing creatures !

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Like I say, I'm not quite sure I can put my finger on it, but something just doesn't seem quite right.
Michael's seeing her at 11am tomorrow, my fiance Rich has kindly offered to take her whilst I'm at work. It's probably nothing, but I'd rather be sure, you know?

(Bad timing though, I've just swapped jobs - my old job failed to pay me my last lot of wages, and I haven't earned a full lot of wages in my new one yet - it's another month until proper pay... Ah well, this is what savings are for, right?)

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Turns out she's just fine. She had a nice massage and a few tests, and she's just peachy - she's just added a few more pops, licks and flaps to her usual repertoire of odd little habits.

Vet was slightly concerned about a mass in her stomach, but it turned out to be a huge poop she was brewing.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No kidding me - if it's not one, it's another.

I found Tsam sitting like this - looking a bit grey round the chops.
2015%2B-%2B1

I asked him if he was okay, and he looked at me morosely... then put his head down and horked up an entire blackberry.

Apparently he got a bit excitable at seeing his favourite food, and swallowed it whole a few hours before. Never mind, he clearly feels a lot better now, though he went to bed early. But not before eating it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom