Bought a 50 gallon turtle tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Cool, what are the dimensions??

You'll get differing answers on what to clean with. I prefer to clean with a diluted bleach solution. Some people feel that it's safer to clean with vinegar. Whatever you use, just be sure to rinse, rinse, and rinse again until you can't smell it anymore.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
ScooterBlenny":42c3a said:
Cool, what are the dimensions??

You'll get differing answers on what to clean with. I prefer to clean with a diluted bleach solution. Some people feel that it's safer to clean with vinegar. Whatever you use, just be sure to rinse, rinse, and rinse again until you can't smell it anymore.

This is how I clean/disinfect them, with a bleach solution. I keep a squirt bottle labeled as "Lizard Bleach"; it has about 10% bleach. It's quite fun to drag a tank into the bath tub to properly rinse it! Just be careful if you do it this way. An outside water hose would be so much easier!!! Stupid apartment...

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Since it was used for other animals before you got it, I'd definitely sterilize it with a bleach mixture before you put your dragon in it. Water and vinegar is great for regular/daily cleaning once you get your dragon set up in it, but you'll want to use something stronger for the first cleaning to make completely sure you've killed off any nasties that could be living in there before you put your dragon in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom