Black scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
It appears Nu has a black scale on her tail, it seems painful to touch , she curves her tail away when you go near it...
I really dont think theres any need to take a picture, as you can imagine... its a black scale :roll: (unless somebody suggests otherwise? :dontknow: )
It looks completely normal otherwise, size shape..
And i highly doubt its retained shed , shes never had a problem shedding..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Olivia x

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
If it was a retained shed on that particular scale then it would have taken some time to get to the point of it being black. The black appearance in the scale if that was the case, would be from necrosis. you may want to try, just to be safe, putting some antibiotic ointment on the affected scale and just a little bit to the surrounding area.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The vets will do that wont they?
Im just in the process of getting some stuff at home..
and they have vets apt in January :)

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I don't know what that could be, but necrosis sounds likely from a retained shed. Maybe you could put her in the bath and try to rub it a little, then put the antibiotic ointment on it like the previous suggestion. I wouldn't wait until the vet appointment to put something on it though, since you mentioned it looked painful.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
I spotted Some half black scales on Spikes tail too But Its only then when he has stress points :/ I tried to rubb it down in the warm water, I have let him be soaked in the water for a hour or half hour or so, and only his head started to shedd :/

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i carnt get hold of anything atm?
and its new year and bank holiday,
she always gets bathed, every 2 days, and as i said, she had never ever had retained shed ... i always check..
the whole scale isnt black just bits of it, its darker than the others, and the only reason i know its there is because she flinches when you touch it..

Happy new year everyone!

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Livey":2uob6bpu said:
she always gets bathed, every 2 days, and as i said, she had never ever had retained shed ... i always check..
the whole scale isnt black just bits of it, its darker than the others, and the only reason i know its there is because she flinches when you touch it..

Happy new year everyone!

by us its still not new year xDD lawl xD Oh and by me too it is the same he has it not all covered only a few but it doesn't hurts him o_O

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
BeardedDragon6":1g2j1fhz said:
Livey":1g2j1fhz said:

Happy new year everyone!

by us its still not new year xDD lawl xD Oh and by me too it is the same he has it not all covered only a few but it doesn't hurts him o_O

i am not sure I am understanding this response, other then they new year part. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom