Black marks? What do they mean? *pic*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
I've noticed black marks under my beardies stomach and chin (even when she doesn't have her chin puffed out, it's the same marks.) I was wondering if these were harmful and what they meant.
Here's the photo:
Photoon2010-12-03at1528.jpg

Sorry for the lighting. It was from my laptop camera.

everhood13

Juvie Member
She looks stressed to me. In other words, she has stress marks. They are harmless. She may just not be very brave about the world yet. Reptar got stressed like that a lot when he was little, and Iksar still gets stress marks when she catches sight of Reptar!

Reptar101

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My other dragons name is Reptar!
They sometimes go away, like when she is out of the light, and that picture was taken right in the morning, so I don't know...

everhood13

Juvie Member
Stress marks do go away when they are calm and come back when they feel nervous. Your baby should be just fine. :) I wouldn't worry too much. Does she act "weird" or like she is sick in any way?

That is cool that your other dragon is a Reptar, too. Mine was my first dragon, and I was looking through names online when I came across Reptar. I liked Rugrats as a kid, so the name stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom