Best food for weight gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nstinct

I have my female bearded dragon who is 15 1/4 inches long and weighs only 188 grams :? . She was 15 grams and about 6 inches long when i got her on Nov 27 2011 so she has grown a lot but she still seems smaller than a lot of peoples bearded dragons who are younger than her. She eats fine (dubia,crickets,phoenix worms, wax worms, and her salads) she defecates fine not to runny not two hard. she gets bathed 2-3 times a week. her food gets dusted 5 times a week with calcium(with D3) and 2 times a week with the multi-vits. Any foods i can try to get some more weight on her? i know all bearded dragons grow at different weights but she still seems small for her age.
Thanks
Tom

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Wax worms are great to put on weight, although shes not overly small for her age. Both of mine are 15", the boy is 4 months old and weighs 220 and the girl is 8 months old and weighs 240, but just 2 weeks ago my boy was 14" and 190, so I wouldnt worry too much. You dont want to feed wax worms as a staple, but they will definetly put weight on her. Also super worms have a higher fat content and butter worms. Mine get maybe 10-15 wax worms every 4-5 days because they LOVE them. Just be careful because they are like candy to dragons and if you feed them to her too much without giving her crickets or other feeders in between, she may start to refuse any other feeder but wax worms. I had this happen and it took months with no wax worms to get mine to even try another feeder. I would give her a couple after a feeding, that way shes still getting the benefit from crickets because if you feed them before a feeding she might not eat the cricks. As long as she realizes their just a treat and only gets a couple every now and then, you shouldnt have a problem.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Due tot he size, horn worms will put the weight on the fastest bare none and do so in the healthiest way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom