Beardies Can Eat Anole and Scorpions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby

I watched this video.

Shock video removed by Moderator
and I felt really sick seeing Beardies eat Scorpions and Anole.

I was wondering if this was a normal something I didn't know about ?

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
What those types of videos don't show is what happens to the poor beardies afterwards. :?
I'm sure they *can* eat that type of stuff, but just because they can does not mean they should! I see absolutely zero good reason to feed an animal questionably-safe foods. Especially when there are so many safe foods available.
You'd think breeders would care a bit more about the health of their animals. But I'll stay off my soapbox, lol :p

Tassadar

Blood Bank Dragons is probably the best out there.

The video was probably put up to show beardies CAN eat those sorts of things.

People will say "beardies should not eat something bigger than (insert random body area here), when really my baby beardie WILL NOT eat small crickets, she wants to chop up bigger ones and pester them for a moment before she finishes them off. I have sat there and watched her go to the bathroom and no struggle what soever, no stress at all.

Yet everyone will flame me and rage that I am abusing my animal, when really it's her preference.

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Tassadar":2hjakh8i said:
Blood Bank Dragons is probably the best out there.

The video was probably put up to show beardies CAN eat those sorts of things.

People will say "beardies should not eat something bigger than (insert random body area here), when really my baby beardie WILL NOT eat small crickets, she wants to chop up bigger ones and pester them for a moment before she finishes them off. I have sat there and watched her go to the bathroom and no struggle what soever, no stress at all.

Yet everyone will flame me and rage that I am abusing my animal, when really it's her preference.

My nephew would live off nothing but candy and white bread if his parents let him, but they don't.
It's our job as the caretaker of those dependent on us to do what's best for them.
You can drive your car for 20 years without a seatbelt because you feel like you don't need it, but then comes the one day you get in an accident. The people on this site flame you because they're speaking from experience. Experience is what makes us cautious.

Tassadar

I am by no means saying "ONLY FEED YOUR BEARDIE SCORPIONS AND ANOLES". Of course there are safer options and only a fool would feed them those things DAILY. It's just for show, nothing is wrong about it whatsoever.

To each their own.

Baby

Original Poster
I see, okay.

I'll try not to feel so sick about seeing that video then. hehe.

Thanks for the replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry, but I had to remove the link to the video as it is too graphic.
Normally they would not "seek out" those types of foods in the wild, maybe the smaller lizards, but it is highly unlikely that they would go after a scorpion.
It is not recommended as larger items like the scorpions can lead to impaction.

Tracie

jloucks

Hmm,, that is a good question. I am guessing that they would eat anything that they wanted to that was native to their environment.

Pretty sure anoles are not.

Pretty sure scorpions are.

The video was pulled (too lazy to go looking) so I have no idea what kind of scorpion we are talking about.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It was only removed from this post, not from youtube. I am sure if you really wanted to find it, typing in the title of this thread could lead you in the right direction...

Either way, even if scorpions are occasionally eaten by beardies in the wild, that in no way at all means they should eat them.

Dragons live a lot longer in captivity for a reason.

-Brandon

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Can they eat anoles and scorpions? They sure can.

SHOULD they eat anoles and scorpions? Definitely NOT!

Like Brandon said, they live longer in captivity for a reason.

It is a shame that Bloodbank chooses to set such a bad example.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":2l4ech37 said:
It was only removed from this post, not from youtube. I am sure if you really wanted to find it, typing in the title of this thread could lead you in the right direction...

Either way, even if scorpions are occasionally eaten by beardies in the wild, that in no way at all means they should eat them.

Dragons live a lot longer in captivity for a reason.

-Brandon
Very true..

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
I would think it would be okay to feed them those. I mean I know plenty of people who will feed there adult beardys mice which is pretty close to same thing as those (idk about nutrition though). & yea Blood Bank is one of the most respected companies when it comes to Beardys. I think more or less it was just for "action" in the video to make Beardys look "cool & Bada**" just to spice the video up. You can feed them it, but I don't know anyone who would recommend it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bailey91990":1bi6b703 said:
Blood Bank is one of the most respected companies when it comes to Beardys.

Do not confuse "well known" with "respected"

They are anything but respected, due to not only this video, but their horrible breeding practices with no regards for health and strength of the dragons and their genes.

And once again, just because you see someone doing it, or a group of people doing it, doesn't make it safe or healthy for your dragon. It's like you said already, its more for the shock/wow factor/spice of a video.

-Brandon

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Thank you for pointing out the facts about Blood Bank Dragons...was wondering inf anyone was going to correct that.

kankri

claudiusx":1a03vfcb said:
Bailey91990":1a03vfcb said:
Blood Bank is one of the most respected companies when it comes to Beardys.

Do not confuse "well known" with "respected"

They are anything but respected, due to not only this video, but their horrible breeding practices with no regards for health and strength of the dragons and their genes.
Do you have any more info on this? I haven't really known too much about breeders, but I would love more info so I can be sure to avoid Blood Bank in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom