Beardie not pooping in cage?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Riley poops once a day and whenever I take her out, she always poops on the bed/couch -. -
im not mad at her, but whenever I leave her in, she wont poop (for 2 days) and then i take her out and she poops a big wad... :? can anyone tell me WHY!?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Who cares!! Shout with joy! The heavens have opened up! I would cry tears of joy if my dragons would refuse to poo in the tank and would only poo in the tub!

You are just one step away from this! Teach them that the tub is a much better place to poo in than the couch.

-Brandon

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I heartily agree with Brandon. Perhaps if the bath was the first thing on the agenda after leaving the tank they would get the idea, thus saving you clean-up duties in the cage and on the couch!

And to answer your question, I think some just don't like that smelly stuff in their house. Only one of my 3 is like that.

ashleyelsha

Juvie Member
I agree, count your blessings! I hate coming home to a poop smeared viv, because my Toothless just loves pooping and then walking back and forth through it. Thank goodness he usually only poops once a week now that he is older, but when he does this i have to soak him in the tub while tearing down and disinfecting the entire cage. I try to get him to poop in the bathtub when I soak him a few times a week, I move his back legs and massage his tummy, then I let him walk around for a bit or take him outside for some sunshine, but he is stubborn and likes to wait until he is back in his enclosure to poop. luckily I can anticipate these and clean them up promptly. He pooped in the bath yesterday and I was sooo happy, such an easy cleanup!

Dragonkate17

Hatchling Member
Mine is trained to poop on a tile inside his tank. So it's very very easy to clean up. He's had a few accidents in the house, 3 in the past month but that was my fault since I didn't wait for him to go before taking him out. Sometimes he goes every single day and other times every 2 days .-.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dragonkate17":3u6ntz7i said:
Mine is trained to poop on a tile inside his tank. So it's very very easy to clean up. He's had a few accidents in the house, 3 in the past month but that was my fault since I didn't wait for him to go before taking him out. Sometimes he goes every single day and other times every 2 days .-.

thats cool :blob5:

joea

Hatchling Member
:laughhard:
colbsteroon":3sbw2zmf said:
Riley poops once a day and whenever I take her out, she always poops on the bed/couch -. -
im not mad at her, but whenever I leave her in, she wont poop (for 2 days) and then i take her out and she poops a big wad... :? can anyone tell me WHY!?
Riley is too ladylike to defecate in her enclosure & is trying to train you to remove her so she can do her business elsewhere. Kirbi :love5: did it to us (me) too. We used to put a paper-towel where she pooped in the cross-fire enclosure for her. It would be there until we came home & slid it open to remove & fan out. :puke: Much nicer in the bath! Congratulations! :mrgreen:

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
joea":3m3f1ki3 said:
:laughhard:
colbsteroon":3m3f1ki3 said:
Riley is too ladylike to defecate in her enclosure & is trying to train you to remove her so she can do her business elsewhere. Kirbi :love5: did it to us (me) too. We used to put a paper-towel where she pooped in the cross-fire enclosure for her. It would be there until we came home & slid it open to remove & fan out. :puke: Much nicer in the bath! Congratulations! :mrgreen:

lol i just found out she was a guy and im glad im not the only one :3

joea

Hatchling Member
Us too! We were told the little baby was a boy. My boy had the name "Kirby" all picked out months in advance. :laughhard: Some beardy poop stories here are atrocious & or funny. :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom