Beardie Not Eating As Much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxAqwa13xX

My bearded dragon Bindi used to be a great eater. She would eat 50-60 crickets easily. The past 2 months she has slowed down and will only eat 10 crickets and barely any greens and is becoming a picky eater. She is also pooping smaller too (i would assume because shes not eating that much). I tried taking her off of food for a few days and then offered her some food and she still didnt eat a lot. She seems healthy and happy with no problems other than this eating thing. She is 15inches and about 8 months old. My other beardie (Rexy) is an amazing eater. She eats greens and crickets easily and she is 13inches and about 6 months old. Why is it that Bindi isnt eating as much and Rexy could eat all day if you let her? Is it the age? Is it because she is slowing down because shes getting older? Any input would be much appreciated!!

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
I'm sure someone will post soon for you :)
I don't have an answer for you on this .... Sorry :(

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Are they housed together? If so, it could be that one is dominating the other (which isn't good for them at all).

It is possible that it's due to her age. They do slow down as they get older and bigger. My boy started slowing down around that age. Also, it could be due to "winter slowdown" - the cooler weather can make them not eat as much. And yes, if she's not eating as much, she won't poop as much.

AmberC

Hatchling Member
How old is Bindi? She may just be decreasing her diet because she doesn't need as much food anymore. 50-60 crickets a day is a lot so if she's nearly fully grown she may not need it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom