Beardie health struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccorazon

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your responses. I think it being in such a critical situation and finally finding the forum that offered real help, I was a bit emotional in my lack of patience in waiting for a response. I do have an update on Myrtle, I had to take him to a vet tech for care for the last 3 days as I was out of town and this tech was amazing however about an hour before my return, he vomited what she said seemed like bile. She said he was alert for times after eating and was being fed 4 times a day. She had temps right and all was good but his eyes were only half way open. The same way they looked when I took him to the vet the second time for fluids. We were heading to the beach since it was so warm to get him in some natural sunlight and reconnect with him while I had been away however his had not moved the whole car ride and when I pulled him out of his travel terrarium, I had my husband help me check for breathing. No response, so I turned him over and moved his arm around which always stimulated a response from him by him giving me a wave when I would tickle his little belly. Still no response and upon further inspection of his eyes, he had passed away.

It was and is still very difficult, I guess I didn't realize how connected I would feel to this little guy and how much I loved him and cared for him. I have learned much to help with my son's beardie. One great thing about us having gone to the beach was that my husband and I got to bury him close to a bush on one of the sand dunes. I think he would have liked that. Thank you all for taking time to respond and I so appreciate having found this board to help us give the best care possible to our other lizards. Myrtle r.i.p 6.7.12

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss of Myrtle. :cry:
It is surprising how attached you can become to them.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom