Beardie activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiblood

My Dragon doesn't get much activity (aside from running around in circles in his viv)
I feel like -most of the time-, he's just as they say 'a piece of furniture'
I do take him out to watch the occasional movie with me, he's easy to handle and I give him baths daily

But how long can he stay outside his viv?
and what kind of safe activities can I do with him?

its still a pain for me to let him run around freely, because he still wants to run and hide under furniture if I let him loose... (5 people in my house, 1 cat, 3 dogs) <- and he's only 'really' used to seeing me

PHXSPAZZ

Hatchling Member
We beardie proffed our house with 1x4 aroud the dresserand whatever, and we have a basking lamp in the corner, when she wants she go's and sits under it then runs some more.
But you should know she is our last child at home. lol

DOUG, ROSE & SPOILED SPAZZ

Freeie

Extreme Poster
After ours have pooped we let them one at a time run free on the whole bottom floor of our home. I took the time to beardie proof it. It wasnt easy and the places i missed they found. Ours are like a dog to us. All they need is a hour of basking after eating for digestion. Mine are out 2 hours a day each. When we just had Chimaira she would be out all day long. I set up a basking light and a food dish made a ramp up in the window she would eat and bask then go to the window then back to bask when she got to cool. Maybe you could beardie proof a room for your guy.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I have a spare bedroom that has been coverted to the reptile room, I use a baby gate to make sure that someone doesn't accidently leave a door open. Our nighttime ritual is 1 in the bath while one free roams, then the one in the bath trades places with the free roamer then whoever is last (I have 3 dragons) gets a bath and free roam. Then the next night I switch who goes first and so on...Mine typically go for corners or dark places to hide

demiblood

Original Poster
I have a problem letting him roam free though...

he just tries to run and hide, and fall asleep... is that just a stage they go through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom