bearded dragon hiding and not basking

my 10 month old bearded dragon has been hiding in the cold end the last 3 days. he’s done this before but always comes out after a day or two. he is still eating but not moving other than that and is very lethargic. vet cleared him of parasites. he may be shedding as i noticed his beard was shedding when he was out but other than that. temps are all fine i think and no changes other than that. he won’t bask so the good he’s eating i’m worried is rotting inside him. any help? i can’t take him to the vet right now as i’m going away soon for 2 weeks. i followed someone’s advice and lowered my basking temps as they were 43-45 and i also brought him out of his hide to bask as i was getting worried. he’s basking fine right now so we’ll see. any help wanted though

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
my 10 month old bearded dragon has been hiding in the cold end the last 3 days. he’s done this before but always comes out after a day or two. he is still eating but not moving other than that and is very lethargic. vet cleared him of parasites. he may be shedding as i noticed his beard was shedding when he was out but other than that. temps are all fine i think and no changes other than that. he won’t bask so the good he’s eating i’m worried is rotting inside him. any help? i can’t take him to the vet right now as i’m going away soon for 2 weeks. i followed someone’s advice and lowered my basking temps as they were 43-45 and i also brought him out of his hide to bask as i was getting worried. he’s basking fine right now so we’ll see. any help wanted though
How are you getting the surface basking temp? What are you using for a UVB coil or long tube fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
feeding is dubia 3x a week locusts 2x and crickets 1 x and salad everyday
Ok is he eating? He may be going thru a slow down period they will do that - he knows what light he needs- mine will go in his hide and stay there for a few days as well

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom