bearded dragon and he is having problems shedding his tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh, I am so happy to hear the surgery went well :blob8:
It's probably for the best that they removed more of the tail. I'm sure the tissue was damaged and they had to.
Let me know how Phaty is doing and yes, a pic would be great!

mandiehoskins143

Original Poster
DSC01950.jpg

DSC01949.jpg

they had to take this much, it was do to blood cloting in his vains that was killing his tail, the vet sayed it was nuthin we did, which i am pretty pleased with that, he sayed sometimes they do that, it wasnt tail rot, or over shed, awsome, i was so scared, but he is all better, he is doing better, got him also new foods, but i was wondering how do i feed watercress to him, its a new one that i have never fed him before the vet sayed to get it for him, do i feed the leaf and stem or just the leaf?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Aww! Phaty looks wonderful, Mandie! The vet did take quite a bit of his tail off, didn't he?! I'm glad the vet figured out what was going on. You must be so relieved now.
With the watercress.. just remove the leaves and feed those to Phaty. If he likes the watercress, it can be fed ocassionally.
Keep me updated on your little guy and I hope he has a speedy recovery! :D

mandiehoskins143

Original Poster
phaty is doing great he is getting more colors, in him now, he is more up and doing more, he is more active than what he was, so just to let evreyone know he is doing great

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
That's wonderful news! :blob8:
How is his tail healing up? Did the vet give you or recommend any antibiotics/ointments to put on Phaty's tail?
I am so glad to hear he is doing so much better. I'm sure you are relieved as well.

mandiehoskins143

Original Poster
he is on pain releiver, and he is taking bubble gum flavored antibiotics, but he is doing great, and his tail is doing great, he get his stitches out on the 9th, this coming thursday, i will post pics after he sees the doctor

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Mandie,

I am so happy that he came through his surgery so well, poor guy! He is still handsome.
So he likes the bubblegum antibiotics then? Which meds is he on? I am glad that you acted so quickly with this, otherwise, it would have been much worse.
That is too bad he had that problem, but, at least it was fixable for him. :D

Tracie

mandiehoskins143

Original Poster
he is taking amoxacilian that tastes like bubble gum, and he hates it, but je really like his pain releiver and that is brown, and smells like meat, it doesnt say what the pain releiver is but he get 0.5 of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeardiemyDragon
Top Bottom